Welcome to the VOIP Wiki - a reference guide to all things VOIP.
This Wiki covers everything related to VOIP, software, hardware, VoIP service providers, reviews, configurations, standards, tips and tricks and everything else related to voice over IP networks, IP telephony and Internet Telephony.
Your contributions are welcome, please read the How to add information to this wiki page and the Posting Guidelines before you post.
- 2015-07-03 - 3CX Releases 3CX WebMeeting V8
- 2015-07-03 - Why Should We Use SBO Multipath
- 2015-07-02 - How VoipNow is enabling contact centers around the world
- 2015-06-29 - Additional Yealink IP Phone Models Now Supported in Xorcom CompletePBX Endpoint Manager
- 2015-06-26 - Here Is Why Schools Should Say YES to Unified Communications
- 2015-06-26 - Epygi validated the interoperability with ATCOM R-Series SIP telephone
- 2015-06-25 - 2N IP intercoms and 2N® Access Unit with the new firmware version 2.12
- 2015-06-25 - Xorcom Confirms Interoperability between Hanlong HTEK IP Phones and CompletePBX
- 2015-06-24 - How To Get Your End-Users To Hop Aboard The UC Bandwagon
- 2015-06-22 - OpenSIPS Workshop @ClueCon on 3rd of August 2015 - a full day of comprehensive workshops
- 2015-06-16 - How Cloud-Based Collaboration Improves Internal Resource Management
- 2015-06-12 - How To Target Travel Agencies With Communication Services
- 2015-06-12 - 3CX announces the release of 3CX Phone System v14 Technical Preview with integrated Virtual PBX Server option.
- 2015-06-11 - Alaris Labs announces new version of Alaris SMS Platform v.3.4. HTTP API support and SMS channels control
- 2015-06-10 - Kamailio v4.3.0 - major version with plenty of new features has been released
- 2015-06-10 - Speedflow introduces the MediaCore version 4.5.1, high-performance softswitch for VoIP Carriers.
- 2015-06-04 - How Highly Does Your Business Value UC&C?
- 2015-06-03 - OpenSIPS Summit Amsterdam happened - see presentations, video recordings and photos.
- Software Releases - Check here for recent VoIP-related software releases.
- VoIP Services - Check here for news on Voip Services.
- VOIP Event Calendar - Check here for news on VOIP Events, Trade shows, Training and Conferences
- Older News - Check out older news articles here
- What is VOIP? The very basics.
- Free VOIP Publications: Magazines and Newsletters free to qualified subscribers about VOIP related products
- Training: Seminars, tutorials, on-line classes. Check here for upcoming Training schedule.
- VOIP Consultants: Finding help.
- VOIP Service Providers - VOIP service providers.
- VOIP Server Monitoring - VOIP server monitoring providers.
- DID Service Providers - DID VOIP call origination service providers.
- VoIP Practical Guide - VoIP Resources for Your Home and Business
- How to start a VOIP Business - Guides and Resources to Start your own ITSP
Connecting Phones to VOIP - VoIP to PSTN, PSTN to VoIP
- IP Phones: VoIP phones both hardware and software
- Analog Telephone Adapters: VoIP analog telephone adapters ATA - see Cheapest ATAs and Service
- Digital Telephone Adapters: VoIP Digital/TDM telephone adapters
- Dial Pulse to Touchtone DTMF Converters - connect that old rotary phone to DTMF VOIP equipment
- VOIP Paging and Intercom
- VOIP Payphones
- VOIP and TTY VOIP and hearing impaired TTY terminals
- VOIP Paging Equipment - paging with VOIP
- Hosted VoIP
- Free VoIP Networks - list of Free VoIP Providers
- Mobile VoIP
- Wireless VOIP: Cut the wires! Roam free with wireless VOIP
- SIP Trunking
- Long Distance Phone Service
Connecting VOIP Networks to the PSTN and Cellular Networks
- Cheapest ATAs and Service - For Calling PSTN Numbers, or receiving phone calls from PSTN Numbers
- ENUM - Translating E164 numbers to VoIP addresses
- Failover Switches - Automated or Manual Switch PSTN Interfaces on failure for redundancy
- FXS-FXO Converters - Convert an FXS interface to an FXO interface
- PSTN Gateways - VOIP to PSTN gateways (also known as: Media Gateways)
- Routing calls using a free international calling service - How to use two-step dialing to save on costs.
- VOIP GSM Gateways - VOIP to GSM gateways
- VOIP Termination and VOIP Origination
- GSM Termination - SIM Server
VoIP PBX and ServersPopular choices - please do not alter this list, add new entries here
- 3CX - Software based VoIP IP PBX for Windows
- 2DD - Hardware reviews, pricing information, compare models, and more
- Asterisk: Open Source PBX & Asterisk Appliances
- Free VoIP Networks - list of Free VoIP Providers
- FreeSWITCH: Open source cross platform (*nix, Win, OSX) multiprotocol (SIP, IAX, Googletalk, Jabber, XMPP, WOOMERA/H.323, PRI/T1/E1) softswitch.
- Kamailio: Flexible and powerful open source GPL SIP ( RFC3261 ) server with integrated TLS (former OpenSer)
- Sip Express Router: High-performance, configurable, free SIP ( RFC3261 )
- sipXecs: SIPfoundry's sipXecs Project - The enterprise class SIP PBX for Linux (A-GPL) - Utilizes FreeSwitch, OpenFire and OpenACD
- Yate - open source softswitch/PBX, with E1/T1, ISDN, SS7, RBS, analogics, IAX, H.323, SIP, MGCP, Jingle (GoogleTalk), for Windows, Linux and BSD's
- VoIP providers customer reviews, pricing information, comparison tables, and more from VoipReview.org
- More: VOIP PBX and Servers, VoIP Hardware, Call Center Software, Virtual PBX
- IP Protocols COPS, ENUM, H.323, IAX, IMS, LTP, Megaco, MGCP, PINT, RTP, SCCP, SCTP, SDP, SIMPLE, SIP, STUN, T.37, T.38, TRIP, TURN
- ITU protocols SS7, ISUP
- OSP, PacketCable MRCP
- Encryption Protocols ZRTP
- Basic call routing and rules for UA's or VOIP servers CPL
- IVR Presentation and dialog management: VoiceXML, CallXML
- Call control / conferencing / call routing: CCXML
- IVR / Speech recognition definition: SRGS
- IVR / Speech synthesis definition: SSML
- IVR / prompting / recording / conferencing / DTMF / Voice: CallXML
Traditional Telephone Network
- Analog Telephone Information
- PBX features
- PSTN Interface Hardware
- RESPORG: Toll Free 800 Number Programming
- Telecom Dictionary
- Telco Engineering Information
- Telephone History
Related Topics to Business and VoIP
- Cloud Computing
- Hosted Collaboration
- Hosted Virtual Desktop
- Web Conferencing
- Web Hosting
- Unified Communications
VOIP Events and Conferences
- Training and Conferences - Check here for upcoming & recent Training and Conferences
- VOIP Event Calendar — List of upcoming VOIP related events, Conferences, Trade Shows, Training, etc.
- Twitter VoipUser Directory: Twitter VoipUser Directory
- VOIP Websites: Other VOIP websites on the Internet
Suggestions and Questions
Business Hosted VoIP Providers
|Provider||Plan Details||Monthly Rate *|
Small Business VoIP Phone Systems
As Low as
Cloud Powered Business Phone System
Jive - Unified Communications
The Smartest Cloud Phone System
MITEL MiCloud Business
Cloud PBX Business Phone System
Residential Hosted VoIP Providers
|Provider||Plan Details||Monthly Rate*|
Only $9.99/mo. + tax for quality you can count on
Home Phone Service
Crystal-clear Nationwide Calling for FREE
VoIP Phone Service
Business PBX Solutions
3CX Software PBX for Windows
Become an ITSP Now!
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+