Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

cmp

Re: Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

Posted:Tue 06 of Apr, 2010 (14:45 UTC)
I have now managed to re-register the repeater to the base station (needed to re-set the repeater). It has now been working OK for 6 days so I am hoping that there problem was with the repeater and that they have fixed it. Not sure what they did as the piece of paper that they sent back gave no clues.
Anyway, fingers crossed that it continues working.
Good luck sorting yours.
cmp

Posted:Tue 06 of Apr, 2010 (07:46 UTC)
I have now managed to re-register the repeater to the base station (needed to re-set the repeater). It has now been working OK for 6 days so I am hoping that there problem was with the repeater and that they have fixed it. Not sure what they did as the piece of paper that they sent back gave no clues.
Anyway, fingers crossed that it continues working.
Good luck sorting yours.
xativadavid

Posted:Tue 30 of Mar, 2010 (18:44 UTC)
I still haven't sent mine back. I thought I had cracked it with the Panasonic repeater, but eventually I had exactly the same problem as when using the Siemens repeater. In other words, it's not the repeater which is the cause. Even powering down a handset in the repeater area and repowering it seems to resolve the issue - until the next time.
I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and replace Siemens with Snom, unless anyone comes along shortly to tell me Snom's just as bad...
cmp

Posted:Sat 27 of Mar, 2010 (15:05 UTC)
I sent it to be reapaired as instructed and had it returned yesterday. Now it won't register to the Base Station!
I have e-mailed Tech Support again. Doubtless they will come back with the standard reply of doing a full factory re-set.
I thought Siemens were supposed to be a good reliable company? I am beginning to wonder.
xativadavid

Posted:Tue 16 of Mar, 2010 (18:26 UTC)
In Re: Siemens Gigaset repeater problem (Sat 06 of Mar, 2010 (15:57 UTC))cmpwrote:
After reading your post I plugged mine in again and it worked OK for a couple of days but is playing up again now so I guess it will have to go back

I've now discovered that a reboot of the base station solves the problem temporarily, just the same way as rebooting the repeater. I've also taken the repeater offline and registered an old Panasonic repeater I had lying around to the Siemens base. It works, but I don't know how long for. In other words, I no longer know whether the repeater, or the base is at fault, or both. Aaarrgghh.
cmp

Posted:Sat 06 of Mar, 2010 (15:57 UTC)
After reading your post I plugged mine in again and it worked OK for a couple of days but is playing up again now so I guess it will have to go back
xativadavid

Posted:Sun 28 of Feb, 2010 (12:19 UTC)
Interesting. I chased them as they hadn't replied, and now they've asked me also to return the repeater unit (without apologising for their previous duff suggestions, obviously). Ironically, it's been working fine for the past few days!

I wonder if they have a solution, or if this is an exercise in learning on the hoof by examining customer equipment?
cmp

Posted:Sun 28 of Feb, 2010 (08:04 UTC)
I have contacted them again and this time they have told me to de-register and re-register the base station. I told them that I had already tried this so now they are telling me that it maybe faulty and I should return the repeater to the Repair Center to be checked.
I presume that you haven't heard anything?
xativadavid

Posted:Fri 19 of Feb, 2010 (16:55 UTC)
Yes, I have pointed this out to them and asked them to escalate to next-level support. I await their reply with interest and shall share it here (which is what they should be doing).
cmp

Posted:Fri 19 of Feb, 2010 (14:26 UTC)
How can they say "...Gigaset IP phones are not fully compatible with the repeater"? On their website: http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_0_15530_rArNrNrNrN_variation%253A-5_pageType%253Aproducts_imagePos%253A0,00.html It lists the 685IP as being a Repeater product which suggests to me that it means that it is compatible, so they are certainly misleading us.
The reason that I suggested it was due to one of their software updates is that it worked fine for 8 months and this problem has only developed in the last 2 months - probably around the time of their last update in November.