Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

xativadavid

Re: Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

Posted:Thu 18 of Feb, 2010 (20:03 UTC)
I now have two replies from Siemens. The first suggested a full base station reset (and yes, they suggest this for everything they don't know the answer to). The second, after I had queried the necessity for a reset of the base, said "...Gigaset IP phones are not fully compatible with the repeaters and that is why you are having this deregistering issue."

Words fail me. Sounds like a case for Trading Standards. Any lawyers here?
cmp

Re: Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

Posted:Wed 17 of Feb, 2010 (09:00 UTC)
Hi, I have the same problem. I contacted siemens about it and they said that I should do a full reset of the base station. However that appears to be their standard solution to any problem as the last time I had a problem they suggested the same thing. Asit would mean a lot of work to re-enter all my settings I am reluctant to do it. I have tried de-registering and re-registering the base station but no luck. I suspect that the problem was caused by one of their updates.
xativadavid

Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

Posted:Tue 16 of Feb, 2010 (11:52 UTC)
This repeater is extending the range of my S685IP base station. At irregular intervals all the handsets served by the repeater lose connection. Connection is restored when the repeater is rebooted. Any suggestions how to resolve this please?