Multiple registers with the same SIP provider

Comment on Asterisk SIP user vs peer
henkoegema

Re: Multiple registers with the same SIP provider

Posted:Sun 18 of Nov, 2007 (14:55 UTC)
I'm still facing this problem. Is there a solution in the mean time ?
BitStream

Posted:Fri 23 of Mar, 2007 (16:26 UTC)
I have the same problem. When an incoming call arrives from provider, always matching to the first 'peer', what are in sip show peers output. How can I control this procedure? It's a big problem, because the phones using this accounts simultaneously, I need to know, which one is free for dialout.
BitStream

Posted:Fri 23 of Mar, 2007 (16:25 UTC)
I have the same problem. When an incoming call arrives from provider, always matching to the first 'peer', what are in sip show peers output. How can I control this procedure? It's a big problem, because the phones using this accounts simultaneously, I need to know, which one is free for dialout.
kelvinvanderlip

Posted:Wed 19 of Apr, 2006 (19:46 UTC)
I had the same problem (3 accounts at Sipphone.com) and I finally eliminated it be using the following entery in sip.conf:

[sipphone-inbound]
type=user
host=proxy01.sipphone.com
context=incoming-sipphone

With just this entry in sip.conf and my 3 register => statements in sip.conf I get calls in to my extensions file where they are matched against Sipphone's fake number (begins with 1747...)  

Unfortunatley I can no longer send outbound calls to Sipphone as I had to remove the following outbound entry in sip.conf:

[sipphone-outbound]
context=incoming-sipphone
type=peer
indecure=very
host=proxy01.sipphone.com
username=17476489138
fromuser=17476489138
secret=XXXXXXX
fromdomain=proxy01.sipphone.com

The sip.conf entry above was catching all the inbound INVITE messages from Sipphone and asking them to authenticate themselves (407) after which the call would disapear.

I signed up with Draytel for my outbound calls.

I hope we get a better soultion to thie problem from someone....
rodriguez_chapa

Multiple registers with the same SIP provider

Posted:Sun 12 of Mar, 2006 (04:43 UTC)
ok, but what about this case:

I have 3 different accounts with the same SIP provider. That leads me to have 3 different "register" commands on my sip.conf file.

If i issue the SIP SHOW PEERS command I can see the 3 accounts registered, but they are all registered with the same IP/PORT, as my SIP provider sends all the calls from the same IP/PORT (I guess that's pretty normal).

Then, if somebody calls me, no matter which one of the 3 telephone numbers they dialed, the incoming call always match the first register found on my Asterisk box. This is a big problem on my case since I need to know exactly which number the caller person has dialed.

My first thought was that user/password would be great to solve this issue, but now I'm a bit confused.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to re-configure Asterisk to handle this case correctly?