Asterisk for Voicemail

Comment on Asterisk-Partner ACS for Voicemail
ZPertee20

Asterisk for Voicemail

Posted:Thu 13 of Dec, 2007 (15:59 UTC)
Hello. I'm new to integrating asterisk with legacy pbx. The way my current systems works is that I have five incoming lines which I will plug into asterisk fxo card. Then I connect lines from fxs to acs incoming lines ports. Thus asterisk is siting out in front of the pbx. This should work fine all except for the mwi lights on my Partner-6 phones. From my understanding it would be possible to turn on the mwi light on extension 5 from extension 10 or did I not understand what you are saying? I need some clarification on how I would do this if possible as I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it by pressing feature and then 0905, on the avaya phone. And by connecting a standard phone and dialing #0905 and neither works. Not sure what I am missing. My avaya system is an Avaya ACS R3 system. Also, is there some kind of a voicemail card or something that I need to install additional on the the ACS? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated as my only real pbx experiences at this point have been only with asterisk. Thank you.