Entry Point Not Found

test99

Re: Entry Point Not Found

Posted:Sun 05 of Oct, 2008 (07:11 UTC)
Sorry. I haven't been back to this forum until now.

It wasn't clear where to include those two .h files. I added them into the list of .h files in makefile.am.

The build generated a very large number of warnings and fatal errors. So far as I could see, these were not related to the two .h files.

The build instructions said that these errors were expected, and gave a list of files to delete. Most of those files did not exist, suggesting that the instructions may be out of date. In some cases there were .hw files with the same name. I deleted those.

The second build also generated a very large number of warnings and fatal errors. At least some of the messages were unchanged from the first build.

At that point, with no indication that I was getting close to a clean build, I gave up.
chpalmer

Posted:Mon 18 of Aug, 2008 (03:02 UTC)
If you have had the chance to try this did it solve the issue?

Im attempting to use a Win2K box and need to figure out how to do as http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms738532(VS.85).aspx has directed.
test99

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (18:31 UTC)
Thank you for that link. It looks like there's a solution. I'll recompile when I have some free time. I hope compilation doesn't open Pandora's box. But it's great that FreeSwitch is fully supported under Windows. From my perspective that's a big advantage over Asterisk.

Microsoft still supports Windows 2000. They just recently stopped supporting Windows 3.1. I need a server operating system for my work, but I'm not ready to spend $700+ to upgrade to the latest version.

Your commitment to solving such an obscure problem is impressive. Thanks again.
jgyo

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (15:28 UTC)
That's a good find. It's almost certain that it's related to your problem.

I did a google search on this:

"getnameinfo could not be located" "windows 2000"

The quotes are required to get the results that I found. One link suggested that you would need to upgrade the dll for Windows 2000, but then struck that out as if an upgrade was not available. That's here:

http://ben.versionzero.org/wiki/Condor_Installer_Notes

I found the following link within one of the other links that the search turned up:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms738532(VS.85).aspx

This link describes the getnameinfo procedure and says this about older versions of Windows:

"The getnameinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and later. If you want to execute an application using this function on earlier versions of Windows (Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows Me/98/95), then you need to include the Ws2tcpip.h file and also include the Wspiapi.h file. When the Wspiapi.h include file is added, the getnameinfo function is defined to the WspiapiGetNameInfo inline function in the Wspiapi.h file. At runtime, the WspiapiGetNameInfo function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the Wship6.dll (the file containing getnameinfo in the IPv6 Technology Preview for Windows 2000) does not include getnameinfo, then a version of getnameinfo is implemented inline based on code in the Wspiapi.h header file. This inline code will be used on older Windows platforms that do not natively support the getnameinfo function. "

It looks like you could add the include file mentioned above and recompile, if you have that ability, of the FS developers could add the include file to the project themselves if they wanted to, but I wouldn't necessarily expect them to. Windows 2000 is a pretty old OS now, and isn't supported even by Microsoft. But it looks like you might have a workaround, if you want it.
test99

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (03:35 UTC)
Another computer, running Windows 2000 Professional, which has the latest service packs and patches, but has not been used for software development, also has ws2_32 version 5.00.2195.6601. So I deduce that this is the correct version for Windows 2000.

A Google search for the original error message turned up this thread: http://lists.ntp.isc.org/pipermail/bugs/2005-October/002637.html . It's about a totally unrelated application, but if you wade through the responses, it suggests that there may be some incompatibility in ws2_32 between Windows 2000 and later versions of Windows. I don't understand that thread well enough yet to be sure it's relevant.
test99

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (02:51 UTC)
I do indeed have an older version. WINNT\system32\ws2_32.dll is version 5.00.2195.6601. I'm attempting to find out what version is appropriate for Windows 2000...

Your help is much appreciated.
jgyo

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (00:55 UTC)
FWIW I have file version 5.1.2600.5512 installed. It's found in C:\Windows\system32, and apparently replaced two older builds, 5.1.2600.1847, and 5.1.2600.1886.

BTW this is the windows socket application. You can download for W2K here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=505dec42-c4ac-438c-85b3-cd6e5d8e6141&displaylang=en

The file version for the download though is only 4.0.1372.1. Reapplying the last W2K service pack might be a better option.
jgyo

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (00:33 UTC)
Join me on the FreeSwitch conference bridge at sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org and I'll see if I can help. I have FreeSwitch working on a laptop at home. We might be able to compare some system files to find an answer.
test99

Posted:Mon 28 of Jul, 2008 (21:35 UTC)
Thanks for replying. But I did that before starting the installation.
jgyo

Posted:Mon 28 of Jul, 2008 (18:35 UTC)
I can only guess but I suspect that FreeSwitch is trying to call a procedure that does not exist in the version of WS2_32.DLL on your system. Installing the VS C++ redistribution package will probably resolve the problem. A link to the package can be found in the FreeSwitch wiki instructions for installing FreeSwitch.