windows install help

wolf_2000

Re: windows install help

Posted:Sat 18 of Oct, 2008 (14:52 UTC)
Not yet, however i am digging into it. It seems indeed that some system dll's are causing the problem, the interesting questions, which one. Dependency Walker does not reveal anything unusual.
I can load freeswitch, however mod_sofia.dll does fail to load.
I am compiling Freeswitch using VS 2005 (current revision 10042), and successfully run it under XP SP2 and SP3. I was able to run Freeswitch revision 5516 under W2K SP4 in the past.
Moving the latest set of binaries to W2K SP4 however triggers the following CRIT error now:

2008-10-17 18:20:22 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:767 switch_loadable_module_load_file() Error Loading module D:\freeswitch_211\release\mod\mod_sofia.dll
**The specified procedure could not be found.  **

As the W2K computer was not uodated for two years i did that first, spending two hours, however no change.

Windows is not yet very helpful in telling me what it is looking for. I have traced the code back to dso.c:77 and i am currently looking into the differences regarding DLL loading by LoadLibraryExW under W2K, XP, FAT FS and NTFS FS.
jgyo

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (16:52 UTC)
I think you have the same problem described in another thread. It seems that Windows 2000 does not support the DLL that's required by the current Windows build, but there is a include file you can add to the source that is supposed to fix that. If you want to recompile the code look for my last note in the Entry Point Not Found thread here: http://www.voip-info.org/boards/index.php?t=16174
iperez_genius

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (09:20 UTC)
well it turns out...that freeswitch doesn't work as easily as expected on windows 2000
I have installed it on windows xp and it loads fine.

I do need help setting up a pstn line through a linksys / grandstream gateway...
i also am not entirely sure how to add different extensions...

If you know whats going on with this software i would love to get in touch via, msn, email or phone...

let me know.

Ilan

P.s. i want to start creating a web gui for the software and to update the settings...any ideas if anyone has started this yet?
rjcvi

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (04:37 UTC)
I am also very new to Freeswitch.
I am able to use VS2008 to compile the svn. Currently (as of a moment ago) version 1.0.1 revision 9194.
I have only tested the basic functionality (on XP Pro Version 2002 SP2) but this seems to be a wonderful project.
What "..." dlls are you missing? The one you note is the WinSock 2.0 32bit API which I think has been native since Win98.
Maybe I could send you the compiled code directory.
I am willing to help if I can.
iperez_genius

windows install help

Posted:Tue 29 of Jul, 2008 (00:41 UTC)
I am having trouble installing the windows version of freeSwtich.
I have installed the c++ 2008 exe
I have isntalled the msi file for freeswtich...
when i run freeswitch through cmd prompt it asks for a a dll...ws2_32.dll

can anyone advise on how to get this software running...

Ilan