First Tasks about Asterisk: Realization, Hardware, Software?

bamspang

First Tasks about Asterisk: Realization, Hardware, Software?

Posted:Thu 31 of Jul, 2008 (08:02 UTC)
Dear forum members,

I, a confused Asterisk newcomer who is in interesting challenges and need imperative helps!

We play with the idea to install a telephone mediation e play with the idea to install a telephone mediation, which calls our customers controlled (forward) and analyzed. It would be interesting to know whether our ideas / wishes to achieve and if so what product it would be feasible.
I try to give you a better insight to my question to obtain; I describe them our desires/ideas.
We can almost say that we want to integrate/install an automatic telephone exchange, which also shall control (connect) and analyzed the calls from the customer.
We would like that the customer are calling with a freecall number <0800>, then through an interactive voice response menu (IVR) , <Voice Navigator> which links and thus some information by clicking the buttons us. If this is also possible, then should be the person who accepts the call a certain information e.g. by a voice announcement.

1. Example:
If the customer would call the freecall number 0800 222 100

IVR Menu:
1 new customer < click 1 >
1 option a < click 1 > example virtual direct dial number: 0800 222 111
2 option b < click 2 > example virtual direct dial number: 0800 222 112
2 Existing customer <click 2 >
1 option a < click 1 > example virtual direct dial number: 0800 222 121
2 option b < click 2 > example virtual direct dial number: 0800 222 122

But on the end, these example direct dial number should connected only on a (same) number e.g. 0049 69 123 456.
However, the employee should immediately receive the information,
before the conversation will start with the customer, for example with a voice announcement (IVR) or from display,
that 'new customer option(a) or option(b)' or, ' Existing customer option(a) or option(b)'.

According to research it would be most useful Asterisk, which we also want to use. I'm not Asterisk professional. Even before 1-2 weeks Asterisk was a stranger to me. In order to gain an insight, so I have installed a few days ago in a test machine, Linux including Asterisk.
What I've done was nothing earth, I have configured the sip.conf and extensions.conf files so that I used in SoftPhone Xlite an echo call, 'speaking clock'. I know to complete successfully project, you have to invest a lot of time and training, which we also account/ calculated.

Now, for me, it is primarily important to know how the data center/ the infrastructure should be developed. And what kinds of hardware’s/software’s are required in order to include the costs into account.
It is important to know how is it possible to realize this task :
Free Call 0800 number, hosting and VOIP gateway.
If you send me about this information, I would be very grateful.
I hope you could help me!??
Thanks you for your advance!

With best regards