jeremyapple

Re: Outbound CallerID

Posted:Tue 07 of Oct, 2008 (05:03 UTC)
You have to have the double quotes and <> brackets, like the following:
Outbound CID: "" <6025555555>
phogan21

Outbound CallerID

Posted:Mon 06 of Oct, 2008 (17:12 UTC)
A company I work for has three PRIs connected to a Rhino R4T1 PCI card. The solution that they are looking for is to outpulse callerID information based on extension. For example Bob Jones who has an inbound DID of 602-555-5555 when making long distance or local calls would show up as Bob Jones 602-555-5555 on the callerID. I understand that this is a simple request as this has been a standard feature in FreePBX for quite some time however I have been unable to get it to work. I use the syntax "Name" as shown in the help box. I have also tried just the number, number with no brackets, no space between " and <, etc. When I look in the console window I can see asterisk trying to use the programmed callerID but when I make test calls it never shows up. I also know that outbound callerID works because if I create a custom queue and use the SetCallerID http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20Set... function it works properly. This is annoying however because I have to hard code alot of this functionality for each extension when it would be alot easier to do it via FreePBX. I would appreciate any help you guys can offer to get the Outbound callerID function in FreePBX to work properly.