Asterisk and ldap configuration

baklap

Re: Asterisk and ldap configuration

Posted:Mon 13 of Oct, 2008 (14:32 UTC)
Most likely the extra additions the 99asterisk will make won't be possible in AD indeed. Microsoft has Office Communicator that sort of does this function, thus they don't put in those functions. It might be possible to add the ldif though, AD won't fetch those items, but as long as LDAP keeps them it should not be a problem, i dont know if custom made items can be added to users though :p

Currently i can confirm the 99asterisk.ldif works properly, and along with the other edits to the config files you can make asterisk connect to the LDAP server. Softphones work flawlessly, though hardphones might have problems with it for some reason (i think it has to do with DNS).

I think by tomorrow i'm gonna need to make an AD bind to the LDAP too :)

(the funny part is that i am competing with another "stagiaire" here at my work, and he is working with Microsoft Office Communicator vs my Asterisk XD good thing that i am in the lead)
macogeek

Posted:Fri 10 of Oct, 2008 (14:52 UTC)
Sorry, I had some trouble with my internet connection, i couldn't reply sooner.
Personnally, I use active directory and i think the 99aserisk.ldif or other examples schema are not compatible with AD. I'm going to try to extend my AD schema manually with the GUI. I'll post my results in a week or two. All i'm trying to do is to understand witch syntax to use to extend my AD schema...
baklap

Posted:Thu 09 of Oct, 2008 (08:34 UTC)
He there, i am currently playing with it too. Which ldap / system are you using. you got Asterisk / LDAP on the same server? or do you still need to install it?

for a good install guide i advise:
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/07/24/open-source-telephony-a-fedora-based-voip-server-with-asterisk/

For adding into ldap.
Personally i use the fedora directory server (with the above guide), and after you made a user in there i have to add a Value AsteriskSipUser & Asterisk Extension to the users Object Classes before i could add the different Attributes. (found that out yesterday lol)
edit: (For this you will most likely only need to add the schema as 99asterisk.ldif to your FDS / OpenLDAP schema directory)

I'll watch at this thread later today if you want to know more ;)
macogeek

Asterisk and ldap configuration

Posted:Wed 08 of Oct, 2008 (14:11 UTC)
first, I'm sorry if my english is bad, it's not my native language.
I'm trying to register my sip peers with a ldap ditectory (AD). I don't know much about LDAP and that's why i don't understand how to use the schema or the .ldif file in the contrib directory (in the Asterisk 1.6 source directory).
What i have to do to get a complete tree in which i will be able to insert my sip peers/users/friends?
Thanks for help everyone.