Setup Landline to VOIP to Landline

fgal

Re: Setup Landline to VOIP to Landline

Posted:Thu 30 of Oct, 2008 (06:12 UTC)
How much are we looking at here for complete system?
admin

Posted:Fri 17 of Oct, 2008 (03:20 UTC)
Depending on the number of lines you want to forward, you could use anything from a Linksys/Sipura 3000 for one line, Asterisk (or equivalent) for multiple lines, or as the previous reply suggested Quitum or other similar equipment could be used. Depending on the country you may be able to buy from existing service providers that already offer the service you described.
wimnat

Posted:Fri 17 of Oct, 2008 (01:26 UTC)
In the US you'll want a PSTN gateway handling all your incoming calls, converting them to SIP or H323 or whatever you want to use to over the Internet. The gateway then sends them on their way across the network. You can then use another gateway at the other end to convert the call back to the correct format and route the call over the PSTN in the other country. Have a look at equipment from Quintum.
voipmaniac

Setup Landline to VOIP to Landline

Posted:Thu 16 of Oct, 2008 (23:08 UTC)
Hi,

I have been thinking of setting up some sort of system that will receive calls in the US, maybe a virtual phone number or landline than can receive multiple calls at once transfer them through VOIP (internet) to another computer in another country and then dial a number with a landline phone number from this country. What systems would you recommend to do this and/or where can I get more information on this. The threads I have found so far only explain how to setup a virtual phone number or landline that transfers your call to your ip softphone.

Thanks in advanced!