Wireless Issues

centsi

Re: Wireless Issues

Posted:Thu 06 of Nov, 2008 (12:17 UTC)
Mabe some QoS would help to force the VoIP connections ahead of everything else?
eljay

Re: Wireless Issues

Posted:Mon 03 of Nov, 2008 (21:34 UTC)
I just noticed something strange - in the CLI is noticed the following messages:
-- Saved useragent "Grandstream GXP2000 1.1.1.14" for peer 104
-- Saved useragent "Grandstream GXP2000 1.1.1.14" for peer 106

These are the two extensions in that other Building (the Sanctuary). I have not noticed message like that for the other extensions
eljay

Wireless Issues

Posted:Mon 03 of Nov, 2008 (13:05 UTC)
I have an installation using Asterisk 1.2 (will be upgrading soon). We have both a wired network and a wireless network in the Church office building. We also have a wireless link to the Sanctuary building (300 ft away) using a Linksys WAP200 and WET200 (AP and Bridge). We have a 5 port switch connected to the WET200 (Bridge). Connected to the switch is one PC and two Grandstream GXP2000 phones. All the phones in the Church office are also GXP2000's and are connected to a POE enabled switch that also connects the Asterisk server.

All phones in the Church office (connected directly to the same switch as the PBX server) work fine. The two phones in the Sanctuary building (wireless link) do not work so well. They will work fine right after they are powered on and get registered. I can ping them from the other building, access the web interface from the other building, make calls, receive calls, etc. After a few minutes, they fail to work. They will not make a call (just get silence and no activity within the Asterisk CLI). They can't receive calls (the Asterisk CLI indicates it is sending the call to it, but it never rings or shows ringing in the CLI). I also can't ping it from the other building. I CAN ping it from the PC that is in the Sanctuary building and get to the web interface from that PC. So in other words - all connection to the resources through that wireless link fail to work with regards to the GXP2000's. The PC there continues to work fine as a matter of fact I stay connected to the Asterisk server through putty the whole time. I also have started monitoring connectivity to that PC and it doesn't lose connection to the Office building.

I am thinking that the wireless link is fine, but can't seem to solve the issue of the phones losing registration (I assume that is what is happening). I did change the keep-alive from 20 sec to 10 sec (the lowest it will go), and it seemed to make it a little better, but still not good.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,

LJ Wilson