A REALLY dumb set of questions that I need answered . . .

jayrod422

Re: A REALLY dumb set of questions that I need answered . . .

Posted:Tue 17 of Feb, 2009 (20:16 UTC)
yea you need a better did provider

i can help you

contact me off list jayrod422 at fed-com.com
admin
Re: A REALLY dumb set of questions that I need answered . . .

Posted:Sat 14 of Feb, 2009 (03:28 UTC)
In A REALLY dumb set of questions that I need answered . . . (Sat 14 of Feb, 2009 (02:22 UTC))Mark Nortonwrote:
What do I need to be able to start providing origination services in this area?

You need to become a CLEC, then negotiate an ICA (often several hundred page contracts) with the Phone company in your area, then install and SS7 trunks between you and the local phone company, and arrange 911 service . Its a LOTS easier to find a DID provider that already covers your area.
youthman

A REALLY dumb set of questions that I need answered . . .

Posted:Sat 14 of Feb, 2009 (02:22 UTC)
Hi all, I am a VERY small voip reseller that has always used a large provider to provide
my origination and termination services. The problem that I have is that I have now run
into the posability to provide services to a large company in an area that is not covered
by my provider.
My question is this: What do I need to be able to start providing origination services in
this area? I mean, obviously, I need a server, but that is about all I know. I have tried
to read a lot about this, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on it. As I
understand it, I think I need to get a digium T1/E1 card, install it in my server, and have
it hosted near the physical location where I am wanting to provide services. Then I need
to order services from the local telephone company, but do I order a T1? What do I
need? Does a T1 come with telephone numbers? How do I port this companies telephone
numbers into my service? I am SO CONFUSED! Any help would be GREAT! Thanks!