SIP Gateway which support interactive local call forwarding

zedraken

Re: SIP Gateway which support interactive local call forwarding

Posted:Wed 01 of Apr, 2009 (19:18 UTC)
Hi Xyroad,

you may register to a SIP provider in your country. Such provider will translate you from the VoIP world to the PSTN world and you will only pay for the communication between your provider and the local number at low prices. Depending on your country, you will have to search for such provider on internet. Somehow, Most SIP providers have servers all over the world so you can register to one provider that is not in your native country, provided it owns servers that are in your country.
On the other side, you may install your own Asterisk server at home and use your own internet connection. Then, the Asterisk server can use the SIP server of your internet provider.
Best regards.
istvan7

Posted:Fri 20 of Mar, 2009 (21:27 UTC)
Hi

If i am right this is called "callback" capability.
I have knowledge only with mizu voip server. It has support for it. But there should be also other voip server which supports this feature. I am sure that there must be a module also for Asterisk that you can install and have this functionality.
xyroad

Posted:Thu 19 of Mar, 2009 (08:02 UTC)
format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="17306" user="xyroad"}

Sorry, it should be "SIP softphone" instead of "SIP software"
xyroad

SIP Gateway which support interactive local call forwarding

Posted:Thu 19 of Mar, 2009 (07:59 UTC)
Hi all,

I am new to VoIP, please pardon me if my query sound weird

I understand that there are free SIP software and SIP Server available. I am looking for a device that connects to my PSTN line at home. When I am overseas, I will make a SIP call to the device. The device will prompt me for the local number that I wish to call, after that it will dial the local number and connect my SIP call to it. In other words, I bypass IDD charges and only pay local call charges in my home country. I can call anyone in my home country easily. I wander if such a device exists?