Generating RTP packets with STUN headers??

ray0108

Re: Generating RTP packets with STUN headers??

Posted:Sat 21 of Mar, 2009 (09:01 UTC)
Thanks for the information.

However, my problem is generating and capturing RTP packets with STUN header, which means the softphone must have STUN/TURN capability.
Counterpath bria and mizu phone don't have TURN implemented, instead Xtunnels are used to relay the media stream.

Could any one help?
istvan7

Re: Generating RTP packets with STUN headers??

Posted:Fri 20 of Mar, 2009 (21:45 UTC)
Wireshark is not good for this? ...maybe you have to write a plugin for it...
Regarding softphones: Counterpath bria and mizu softphone has some support for ice and stun as i know.
BUT
Maybe untill you finish the school, these techniques will become useless due to ipv6. I would not spend my time for learning this kind of technologies. They are complicated, not widely adopted and mostly useless. If you need better nat handling, you should implement http streaming (see skype)
ray0108

Generating RTP packets with STUN headers??

Posted:Fri 20 of Mar, 2009 (21:31 UTC)
Hi,

Does anyone know any SIP softphones with TURN or both TURN and ICE functions.
I am doing a school experiment which requires to capture RTP packets with STUN header (that means relay server must be used). The IP network and symmetric NATs are built in the laboratory enviroment so softphone must support SIP services from any provider.

Also if any one has a experience in generating and capturing the RTP packets with STUN header, please help me.

Thanks.