Looking for simple script

admin
Re: Looking for simple script

Posted:Tue 07 of Apr, 2009 (09:24 UTC)
jkiehnle

Posted:Thu 02 of Apr, 2009 (00:06 UTC)
ahhh... I see said the blind man... a monitoring system. Look at "the dude" by mikrotik. It's free and simply rocks for what you want to do. Setup the system to send sms alerts. Its not as elegant as integrating into your VoIP network, but the job gets done well. We also monitor our WAN link on both our router's interface and our upstream gateway from a second dude deployment outside the data center just incase either of those go down and the sms alert from inside the data center fails.

hope that helps...

enjoy,
jk
jkiehnle

Posted:Wed 01 of Apr, 2009 (23:58 UTC)
Hi all...

I completely missed your question at first... so I edited out my previous suggestion. *** Please ignore this post ***
jk
ac1dr41n

Looking for simple script

Posted:Wed 01 of Apr, 2009 (15:40 UTC)
We want to have a monitoring system that places phone calls to our on-call system administrators, and we're having trouble figuring out how this can be done cheaply and easily. We figured we can write a script that interacts with a VOIP-type API to dial out. The trick is we want to have the script accept a key press by the person on the other end of the phone as an acknowledgment. If there is no key press (no answer, went to voicemail), then the script will escalate to the next person in the tree.

We can handle the escalation part. What we are looking for is how to have the script listen for a key press by the remote user. We don't care what key they press, just any key press will do. Is this possible with any of the known API's out there without having to implement a full PBX?