Sipura922 --> 2wire at&t dsl --> asterisk server (DO WE NEED STUN?)

tulsadigital

Sipura922 --> 2wire at&t dsl --> asterisk server (DO WE NEED STUN?)

Posted:Thu 20 of Aug, 2009 (14:03 UTC)
Recently tried to install a phone in a friend's small office and we are having quite a few problems. The setup is as follows:

Sipura/Linksys 922 Phone --> 2WIRE 2700 Series AIO AT&T DSL MODEM/ROUTER -->INTERNET --> OUR ASTERISK SERVER

At first, the phone would be SLOW to register and come online (SOMETIMES, EVENTUALLLY) with its network configuration. It would say "Searching for DNS" for minutes and either fail to boot or finally come up and not register to the asterisk server. After several attempts at changing the firewall config, the phone boots somewhat reliably and registers to asterisk. Nevertheless, the phone loses its registration and doesn't work after a few minutes. I have read a lot about STUN servers and this seems to be the direction we need to go, but I'm not totally sure yet.

Most recently we have received the following registration and message from this phone... The phone will eventually just disappear and then come back on when it tries to re-register for a few moments.

-- Registered SIP 'huntercon01' at 70.xxx.156.xxx port 5060
[Aug 20 08:54:00] NOTICE[24357]: chan_sip.c:16444 handle_response_peerpoke: Peer 'huntercon01' is now Reachable. (58ms / 2000ms)
[Aug 20 08:56:03] NOTICE[24357]: chan_sip.c:16444 handle_response_peerpoke: Peer 'huntercon01' is now Lagged. (2991ms / 2000ms)

This is the first install we have done with ATT DsL and I wish it were the last but I don't think we're going to have that luxury. 99% of our problems lie in that AIO router but I really have no choice but to MAKE it work. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.