Vanaccess IP0020 no dial tone

jlanef

Re: Vanaccess IP0020 no dial tone

Posted:Thu 12 of Nov, 2009 (22:55 UTC)
AJC,
I should have noted, I did all that you stated, and the phone works, but cannot be called. I always get a busy or go straight to voicemail, (depending upon whether I configure voicemail for the IP0020 extension).

jlanef
jlanef

Posted:Thu 12 of Nov, 2009 (22:54 UTC)
AJC,
I have the same problem, but everyone advises me not to take down my Asterisk 1.4.xx and go to 1.6. I can't get it to work on 1.4. Is the only solution to go to 1.6, which will require a complete overhaul of my system? Plus there are a ton of people on the web that are not happy with the stability of 1.6

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
jlanef
ajc

Posted:Tue 20 of Oct, 2009 (17:35 UTC)
I had the same problem. I haven't figured it out either, but I did come up with a workaround:

I configured a static IP address on the IP0020, and configured it *not* to register with the SIP server. Then I configured Asterisk like this (the IP address is 10.0.0.249 and the extension number is 12) --

[12]
type=peer
insecure=very
canreinvite=no
host=10.0.0.249
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=10
nat=no
context=default
call-limit=4

Dial tone, inbound/outbound calls, you name it. Also important: G.711u codec does not work with the Asterisk package that ships with Ubuntu. I don't know if it's because it's a bad package or because it's Asterisk 1.4, but I built a new Asterisk 1.6 from source, and that cleared up the problem.

Happy to discuss further if you want to ... if I'm not around here, you can find me at http://uncensored.citadel.org in the "I Want Broadband Everything" and "Telecom" rooms.
dmoufarrege

Vanaccess IP0020 no dial tone

Posted:Tue 06 of Oct, 2009 (03:32 UTC)
I just bought a Vanaccess IP0020. I plugged the phone in and it auto-configured via DHCP. The display showed the correct time and date. Picking up the receiver produced a dial tone.

After adding the IP address of my Asterisk server and the extension info I can make and receive calls (wasn't quite that simple), but there is no dial tone when the receiver is picked up.

Any idea on what setting I should check for this issue?