Siemens Gigaset S685ip

jan1973

Re: Siemens Gigaset S685ip

Posted:Sat 16 of Jan, 2010 (18:41 UTC)
This problem should be solved by the latest beta firmware 222201, available from http://gigaset.com/chagall/provider/skytron/chagall22201_02.bin

Please consider this a beta firmware, so you use at your own risk. (I"m running it without any problems)

Could anyone check whether this beta firmware is the solution to this problem? I don't have the same router so I can't check myself.
1hutch

Re: Siemens Gigaset S685ip

Posted:Sun 20 of Dec, 2009 (11:36 UTC)
Hate to answer my own post, but I figured it out - if any of you experience the same problem, here's the solution
Enable the Milkfish SIP Router in DD-WRT and pay close attention to the instructions. It took me two tries to get it right, but now it works.
Enter your SIP account username and password in Milkfish, then set your proxy servers to the router's address in your SIP device setup.
1hutch

Siemens Gigaset S685ip

Posted:Sat 19 of Dec, 2009 (16:17 UTC)
Does anyone have experience with these? I bought one a few weeks ago, and it would work for a few minutes, then lock up. I returned it and got another, it does the same thing. The land line side works fine. When I try to log into the web server, it gets through a couple of menus, then quits, and my router drops the IP address. Here is my pertinent info:
Model Gigaset S685IP
Firmware: 02214 (Nov 2009)
Router: Linksys WRT600n w/DD-WRT Mega v.24 sP2
ISP: Kabel Deutschland
Cable Modem: Thomson THG540

I previously had a Sipura SPA2000 on this same router, which worked fine, I just wanted the one box setup and more handsets.
If I put the SPA2000 back on the network, it works just fine.
If I disconnect the modem from the router, the web interface works for a longer time, but still quits.
I have also tried a Linksys RTP300, with the same results.
The internet services seems to work fine, until I try the webserver, then it quits too.
If I could get my voip provider (broadvoice) info entered and working, I wouldn't need the web server anymore.

Thanks in advance.