Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

cmp

Re: Siemens Gigaset repeater problem

Posted:Sun 13 of Mar, 2011 (16:36 UTC)
not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread, but my original problem has returned. After performing the base station reset last August it all worked OK until this week. Now, we are back to the old problem of the phone appearing to be connected to the base station but not receiving any calls and when I try to dial out I just get a series of horizontal lines on the screen.
I have emailed Siemens twice this week but so far no reply. Either they have got their crack team of technicians on the case and are working hard to find a solution or, they can't be arsed to reply because they haven't got a bloody clue.
Most likely option 2!
xativadavid

Posted:Sun 15 of Aug, 2010 (22:18 UTC)
The beep is telling you that the handset you are using is within the repeater's range rather than the base station's. You can turn it off by a plug-unplug-replug sequence which is in the manual. I eventually also received a new/refurbed unit, but the original problem persists and is only resolved by powering the base station down and back up again every once in a while. No pattern to it, the handsets served by the repeater just lose connectivity and the first thing you know is you can't make a call and don't know how many you may have missed. Infuriating.
cmp

Posted:Sun 15 of Aug, 2010 (14:14 UTC)
My repeater has been back for about 3 weeks and so far it appears to be working OK. However although there was no officail comment from them, the job sheet that was included with the return said that they had not found any problem. But I suspect that what they have sent me is a reconditioned or new unit. Also, it seems that now, when a phone is connected to the repeater there is a regular beeping sound during every call as though I was talking to someone on the moon!
xativadavid

Posted:Thu 03 of Jun, 2010 (17:27 UTC)
Exactly. It's not end-user testable, as far as I can see. At the moment I still don't have a unit to test with, as my repeater has been with Siemens for *seven* weeks. They're "waiting for a part".
cmp

Posted:Wed 02 of Jun, 2010 (07:44 UTC)
Not sure how to test the power supply theory as the connection is quite specific.
Am sending mine back again today with a sreen shot of the handset when it is playing up.
xativadavid

Posted:Mon 17 of May, 2010 (15:10 UTC)
Mine is still lost in Siemensland but in the meantime somebody knowledgeable has suggested that the power supply might be the cause. Any thoughts, anyone?
xativadavid

Posted:Sun 09 of May, 2010 (13:19 UTC)
Mine has gone back, but after three weeks they have no idea when it will be fixed. Amateur night.
xativadavid

Posted:Sat 08 of May, 2010 (22:01 UTC)
Mine has gone back, but after three weeks they have no idea when it will be fixed. Amateur night.
cmp

Posted:Sat 08 of May, 2010 (13:53 UTC)
It seemed to work OK for a few weeks but is playing up again. I suppose I will have to send it back again..
xativadavid

Posted:Fri 16 of Apr, 2010 (09:16 UTC)
Is it still working?