Need help using 0 to escape voice mail menu

Need help using 0 to escape voice mail menu

Posted:Mon 22 of Mar, 2010 (15:22 UTC)
I am rather new to actually digging down to the programming side of asterisk. I am currently running a handful of asterisk servers that was set up by an employee who is no longer with the company. Anyway, here is what I have.

I have set the operator = yes option for the voice mail accounts and the customer is wanting to have the option for once when people hit an extension's voice mail to dial 0 to hit back to the operator.

This feater apparently only just recently stopped working or they just recently noticed that it no longer works, I am betting on they just recently noticed it as nothing has changed with their configuration.

I have done some reading and I know I need to have the operator option enabled for the voice mail extensions, and that I am supposed to have an extension defined as "o" in my extensions.conf.

Right now when I am hitting "0" while the attendant is giving me the voice mail greeting it tells me to hold on while they try to transfer my call and then it proceeds to tell me that the extension does not exist, so I am assuming it is merely pointed to the wrong extension, one that no longer exists, or that it has never been fully set up.

After doing some digging this is what I have found out:
We have a telephone switch which forwards calls from the customers main number via a sip trunk to the asterisk box. In the asterisk box we have inbound routes in which we handle the calls based on what number hits the asterisk box. The asterisk box is acting as an intermediary between a Cisco Call manager which actually handles all the call processing. Our asterisk box is mainly just used as the IVR and to host the voice mails for the various extensions.

In this case numbers hitting the asterisk box coming from the customer's main number hits a time of day condition which, depending on the time of day, hits one of two IVRs.

Now, in the asterisk configuration files I have an extensions_additional_conf in the asterisk configuration that includes the following information:
OPERATOR_XTN = 666.666.6666 (customers main number that is handled by time condition to ivr from inbound route)

Am I correct to assume that this is where you define the extension for "o"?

If so how can I go about hitting the time condition back to the ivr again?

I found this out in our configuration for the extensions that the operator_xtn is pointing to:
exten => 6666666666,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN})
exten => 6666666666,n,Gosub(app-blacklist-check,s,1)
exten => 6666666666,n,GotoIf($[ "${CALLERID(name)}" != "" ] ?cidok)
exten => 6666666666,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 6666666666,n(cidok),Noop(CallerID is ${CALLERID(all)})
exten => 6666666666,n,Set(__CALLINGPRES_SV=${CALLINGPRES_${ CALLINGPRES}})
exten => 6666666666,n,SetCallerPres(allowed_not_screened)
exten => 6666666666,n,Goto(timeconditions,2,1)

Now as I said above, whenever someone gets to the voice mail and dials 0 to exit is says please hold while I try your extension and then it says that it fails and that extension doesn't exist.

Any ideas on where to go from here?