One button call parking Grandstream's and Aastra

ianing

Re: One button call parking Grandstream's and Aastra

Posted:Tue 30 of Mar, 2010 (22:35 UTC)
Since the aastras will handle most calls I gave them a park button (Speeddial/xfer to 70) And then I got two BLFs so they can confirm if it went to 71 or 72. Then I set up a PHB with their own BLF so they can easily retrieve calls. I'm fairly happy with this, I'll have to see how many extensions we use with parking.
ianing

One button call parking Grandstream's and Aastra

Posted:Tue 30 of Mar, 2010 (18:58 UTC)
Well I'm really pleased with how my setup is going. My current big issue is the staff want call transfers to work the same as on the old system. Which was
1. Call comes in on line one and an employee answers it.
2. Employee places the caller on hold, and then the employee calls the boss person.
3. If the boss person feels inclined to taking the call they would simply pick up line one. If the boss was occupied then the employee would just pick up line one.

Attended transfers are not acceptable, so I'm trying to use call park which I think is the accepted way of doing this. I'm on Asterisk 1.4 and freepbx. I have two Aastra 6757i. I also have about ten grandstream 2000 and 2020s. I need to make this simple as possible for the grandstreams. I've been looking at 20 different pages, with at least 20 different solutions. Some stuff is from two years ago. So I'm currently really confused and just looking for someone to point out the best method for what I want to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page_id=446&tk=7b2923f6022fa468f177&comments_page=1) appears like my best bet. But when I dial 71 it says there is no call parked there. If I change the extension to one that is unused , say 69 then it parks me. So I'm assuming the global_customs.conf is not overriding extensions.conf? There is also the issue of the caller hearing the announcement of what extension they are on.