Polycom Buddies & Presence

Polycom Buddies & Presence

Posted:Mon 10 of May, 2010 (23:56 UTC)
Greetings all. This is either a Asterisk presence issue or a Polycom phone issue. I apologize in advance if it’s a phone issue and I’m posting in the wrong category.

I am enabling presence on our Polycom 650 phones with Asterisk and FreePBX. I am running Asterisk 1.6.2 and FreePBX on CentOS 5.4.

Here's what's going on: I've edited all the necessary Polycom provision files (sip.cfg, phone1.cfg, & phone-directory.xml) to enable the buddy presence. The "MyStat" and "Buddies" soft buttons are showing up and the other extensions are showing up with the user buddy icon next to them on the left side of the Polycom phone. As far as I can tell, everything is correct on the Polycom end. Now, is there anything that I’m missing on the Asterisk/FreePBX side? When I run the core show hints in the CLI I get the following:
Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints
1212@ext-local : SIP/1212&Custom:DND1 State:Unavailable Watchers 1
1211@ext-local : SIP/1211&Custom:DND1 State:Idle Watchers 0
1210@ext-local : SIP/1210&Custom:DND1 State:Idle Watchers 1

Which appears to show a watcher but nothing is being updated or reflected on my Polycom phones—the phone keeps thinking everyone is online. In fact, when I hit the “Buddies” soft button, it says “No records” even though I can see them. I’m just not sure if the phone isn’t talking to Asterisk or if Asterisk isn’t talking to the phone to update the buddy status.

Any ideas anyone?