A simple script to autodial

voip_innovations

Re: A simple script to autodial

Posted:Fri 27 of Aug, 2010 (12:51 UTC)
Using asterisk, you can easily create a call file using a shell script. Here is a basic example that i have used in the past. When you run the shell script it creates the call file in the asterisk outgoing call directory, asterisk automatically reads the file and dials the number and connects it to an extension.

1. !/bin/sh

echo -e "Channel: SIP/PeerName/+14125551212\nCallerID: Test <4125550000>\nMaxRetries: 1\nWaitTime: 5\nContext: sip\nExtension: 15555551234\nPriority: 1\nArchive: Yes" > /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/4125551212.call

Hope this may help get you going.

Kent Pirlo
VoIP Innovations
www.VoipInnovations.com
admin
Re: A simple script to autodial

Posted:Tue 29 of Jun, 2010 (20:18 UTC)
To originate calls from a Linux server you will need to install either a SIP client or a SIP switch software (like Asterisk or Freeswitch). I'm not sure if any of the SIP clients support the scenario you described, but it would be fairly straight forward with software like Asterisk or Freeswitch.
oarcinae

A simple script to autodial

Posted:Mon 28 of Jun, 2010 (19:07 UTC)
Hello,

I've looked everywhere for something that seems simple. I have a linux server somewhere. All I want to do is install some voip software that will allow me to call a LANDLINE and also enter an extension. Nobody will be speaking or listening to it. It just needs to call the number, wait a bit, enter the 4 digit extension, and then hangup. I've looked everywhere for this, I see lots of different software for VOIP this, SIP that, but can't find anything with a simple script I can test out. It needs to be a script that can be called to execute via command line.

If anyone could please direct me to something that would help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.