modem with no telephone pass-through

jrpears

modem with no telephone pass-through

Posted:Sat 21 of Aug, 2010 (20:14 UTC)
Hello all! I have a new cable modem, a Motoroloa SB 6120, which does not have an RJ11 telephone jack. I subscribe to Comcast cable TV, internet and digital voice, although the telephone wiring in my house is analog.
Right now I am using a Comcast provided Arris TM402P/110 modem. The modem is plugged into my Dlink wireless DIR-628 router with an RJ45 cable, but the Arris also has two RJ11 jacks for telephone lines, one of which is plugged into the existing telephone line system in a regular
RJ11 wall jack.
The modem has three connections; one coax IN, one RJ45 OUT and one for power. I have an RJ45 splitter and a simple adapter that has an RJ45 plug on one side and an RJ11 jack on the other. I would like to plug the splitter into the RJ45 OUT from the modem, plug the RJ45-to-RJ11 adapter into one of the jacks on the splitter and plug the cable from that into the phone line, and connect the other jack into my router. Will this work? The alternative to that could be to plug the RJ45-to-RJ11 adapter directly into one of the wired LAN ports in the Dlink wireless router.
The router''s QoS option can be enabled for VoIP. Do I need a powered VoIP adapter such as one of these http://www.voipsupply.com/voip-adapters
, which, I assume, convert the digital VoIP in to an analog signal out?
I''m getting a wild variety of answers to this question, or rather, pieces of the question before I was able to explain exactly what it was that I needed to do. What do yolu think? Thanks a million!
-