Aastra 480i config for Sipgate ?

heby

Re: Aastra 480i config for Sipgate ?

Posted:Thu 06 of Jan, 2011 (02:00 UTC)
There are three more things I could suggest to do next but I am not sure if you will be able to do those:

-If you have access to a local asterisk server, set up a test account on that and try to register the 480i with the asterisk server. If it is a NAT issue, connecting to a server in the same network should still work (gee, I'm sure looking forward to the day when most ISPs and devices will support IPv6 and having to rely on NAT will be an annoyance of the past).

-As I mentioned in my earlier email, a packet sniffer could tell you a lot about what is going on. Wireshark is pretty powerful if you not only want to see from where and to where packets are going but also make sense of what is inside.

-I mentioned earlier that I don't have an Aastra 480i myself, so I am not quite sure if it can do this: if the phone logs its activity and you can access that log, that may give you some very useful information as well.

Other than that, I'm running out of ideas. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
svx

Posted:Wed 05 of Jan, 2011 (19:41 UTC)
I tried "sip nat ip: your router's WAN address" no change.
I did check the status on sipgate, it showed "offline".

Looking through the Router menu's I came across this:

"Disable SIP ALG

Some SIP applications have their own way to work around the NAT firewall issue, and the SIP ALG would conflict with those solutions. In most cases, you do not have to disable the SIP ALG. However, if your SIP applications cannot work with the router, you can disable the SIP ALG and try the applications again. "

I ticked the box and with no entry in the NAT address - still no joy.

So my 480i is looking like an expensive desk ornament !
Any Ideas ?
svx

Posted:Wed 05 of Jan, 2011 (09:22 UTC)
OK, I'll try this out later today and get back, thanks again.
heby

Posted:Wed 05 of Jan, 2011 (02:50 UTC)
So it doesn't seem to be what I had thought. Here's a couple of things to try (if you haven't already checked those):

-Have a look at http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_6100.html - maybe these parameters will help:
sip nat ip: [your router's WAN address]
sip nat port: [the SIP port you forward to your phone - should be 5060]
sip rtp port: [the RTP port forwarded to your phone - 3000, as I gather from your posting]

-Check if your 480i registers with Sipgate. Log into your Sipgate account and check if it considers you "online". If it does, follow the "details" link to see at what IP address and with what type of equipment it sees you.

My advice is based on my experience with other hardware. Maybe somebody with experience with the same hardware could shed some more light on the issue. Short of that, I would probably have a closer look with wireshark or tcpdump. Sorry, no other concrete theories right now...
svx

Posted:Tue 04 of Jan, 2011 (17:55 UTC)
Thanks for replying. I checked and found that RTP uses the 3000 port, I have now forwarded this as well as 5060, 5004 and 10000.
I took the Pluscom and Ninja down and reset the router, then reconnected the 480i - no change.
heby

Posted:Tue 04 of Jan, 2011 (14:14 UTC)
Since the 480i does not support STUN, the port forwarding is crucial. As far as I understand, you have already done this: make sure to forward port 5060UDP (SIP) and all of the ports this phone uses for RTP (probably 10000 but check the phone manual or configuration) on your router to the phone IP. My understanding is that you are using the Pluscom phone and Ninja soft phone in the same network. Just for testing, disconnect both of them, then reboot your router and then restart your 480i (and don't reconnect the other two phones just yet). If the problem is what I suspect it is, this should work (and in that case I can probably help you to set up your other phones not to interfere with the 480i).
svx

Aastra 480i config for Sipgate ?

Posted:Tue 04 of Jan, 2011 (12:46 UTC)
I cant get the Aastra 480i to connect to Sipgate. I have a Netgear DG834G ADSL Router.
I do already have a Pluscom phone working perfectly well on the network as well as the Ninja softphone on my laptop.
The 480i is picking up the NTP time server. The 480i does not support STUN. Sipgate have been unhelpful, they suggested manually forwarding the 5060, 5004 and 10000 ports, this I did and it has made no difference.
Has anyone got this phone congured for sipgate ? If so could you share the secret !