Posted:Tue 01 of Mar, 2011 (13:48 UTC)
This article will answer your questions
http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2011/022111gearhead.html
voip2calls

Re: Web Browser Phone

Posted:Mon 21 of Feb, 2011 (00:05 UTC)
In Web Browser Phone (Thu 03 of Feb, 2011 (22:42 UTC))berniecawrote:
Hi,

I am very new to VoIP but I am looking to enhance a website with a live voice option. Specifically, I would like to offer my visitors the following:

- Community members should be able to contact other members of the community using a web based phone (basically, a click to call option in a member's profile, I guess).
- I would need to know the length of the phone call that has taken place between member A and B.

I have the feeling that http://www.doddlephone.com/ goes into this direction but I am not sure if I can use it in a n:m relation instead of an n:1 relation.

The idea is that registered members of the community can call each other using our website and I would need to have a log file which tells me which user called who for how long.

It's important that no software has to be installed (so it would probably be Java or Flash based). It would be convenient if the calls could be forwarded to the member's phone if he leaves his phone number in his profile. Thus, a member doesn't have to be "online" on the website to receive calls (whereas the calling member would have to be online to make the call).

I would be very thankful for any suggestions!

Thanks,
Bernie

thanks
markosjal

Re: Web Browser Phone

Posted:Tue 08 of Feb, 2011 (07:22 UTC)
Thanks for the heads up on the doodlephone . It may fill a need I have.

I would be interested in discussing this with you if you contact me at this username at gmail

Mark
bernieca

Web Browser Phone

Posted:Thu 03 of Feb, 2011 (22:42 UTC)
Hi,

I am very new to VoIP but I am looking to enhance a website with a live voice option. Specifically, I would like to offer my visitors the following:

- Community members should be able to contact other members of the community using a web based phone (basically, a click to call option in a member's profile, I guess).
- I would need to know the length of the phone call that has taken place between member A and B.

I have the feeling that http://www.doddlephone.com/ goes into this direction but I am not sure if I can use it in a n:m relation instead of an n:1 relation.

The idea is that registered members of the community can call each other using our website and I would need to have a log file which tells me which user called who for how long.

It's important that no software has to be installed (so it would probably be Java or Flash based). It would be convenient if the calls could be forwarded to the member's phone if he leaves his phone number in his profile. Thus, a member doesn't have to be "online" on the website to receive calls (whereas the calling member would have to be online to make the call).

I would be very thankful for any suggestions!

Thanks,
Bernie