Asterisk alternative

marcj

Re: Asterisk alternative

Posted:Thu 17 of Mar, 2011 (06:28 UTC)
I think CallWeaver can be a perfect fit. If you want to know more about different phone systems, you can hire people from http://www.discountcc.net/. This company has been running for 35 years now and I can say that their service is effective and very professional.
rdam31

Re: Asterisk alternative

Posted:Mon 14 of Mar, 2011 (10:07 UTC)
It looks like there is a problem in the Fritzbox. I have also problems registering my Asterisk(Askozia) installation with an external SIP provider when the Asterisk has an externip setting in sip.conf. Registering an external SIP provider only succeeds when the Askozia is using DHCP for networking. Very strange, under further investigation. Manually removing the externip in the sip.conf is not enough.
mhtsaras

Asterisk alternative

Posted:Thu 10 of Mar, 2011 (23:11 UTC)
I have a fritz box (a router with voip and two phones connected on it), but with my new isp I can not register to my voip sip domain to make calls, but I can register with asterisk or with a soft phone.
So I installed asterisk to a debian server plug computer and I making calls with this : telephone-->fritz.box-->asterisk(plugcomputer)-->voip provider (sip server)
Asterisk is a huge app for my needs because I want some sort of voip sip proxy in the middle of fritz.box and voip provider just to make calls outgoing mostly and maybe incomming.
Can someone please recommend me a smaller open source linux app to do my job?