nikotel and asterisk support

Comment on Asterisk Experience with Nikotel
nikolaimanek

nikotel and asterisk support

Posted:Mon 17 of Jan, 2005 (20:31 UTC)
nikotel was growing very fast the last few months and I must agree that our service was very slow every once in a while. Trying to protect existing customers we had to answer their requests first and my team was working over hours every week in order to conquer the back log. I am happy to let you know that we could hire some new very experienced support people and solved some issues from the past like the availability of incoming PSTN numbers and very important support for Asterisk PBX systems. In my personal opinion Asterisk is an awesome project and since we are also depending on open source projects (linux for example) we are committed to support Asterisk. Needless to bring up at this point that Asterisk is a very powerful application with countless options. So we will start offering a customized free download of a configuration and then we can also offer "some" help in getting exotic configs up and running. Sometimes we got requests of people having their system hooked up to some fancy PSTN systems, third party plug ins for special features and other nice things. Then they called us to make the entire system working:-) Not that everybody needs a challenge every once in a while but we can't do that all the time. I am thinking about setting up a special Asterisk section on our pages as well and we will assign a few people to take care of that forum. In addition we will sell a pre-configured package which will take care of your individual situation. I saw that the original inventors of Asterisk are doing a great job already in doing that. For an commercial environment I would always suggest to get a ready to go package from experts like www.digium.com or of coarse from us;-) If you want to play around and offer a full blown PBX to your fellow students at your den - go for it and we will try our best to help you out to get it up and running. Also we will offer a centralized PBX system soon which will be 100% SIP. It will include most of the Asterisk features but it will be of coarse not half that fun to play around with it and it is for business only. Also it will not support local PSTN gateways. So far Asterisk is the best I have seen in the market place and I guess it will be that way for a long time.

nikolai