How to generate call to a mobile using asterisk

sunnytheshine

Re: How to generate call to a mobile using asterisk

Posted:Mon 14 of May, 2012 (06:17 UTC)
Hi amit39,

you can use .call to generate outbound calls or u can also use originate command to generate call.. sip.conf file is used to configure and create SIP, IAX users and connection...
u need to create a dialplan in extension.conf as per ur requirement ....
sanjeevsharma

Re: How to generate call to a mobile using asterisk

Posted:Fri 04 of May, 2012 (12:42 UTC)
Hi Amit,

On the behalf of your requirement you need to bind with Live MSC for real time calling. Then u can bind your asterisk application with MSC protocol (like ISDN,SIP,SS7).
Easily generate call to a mobile using Asterisk.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjeev Sharma
amit39

How to generate call to a mobile using asterisk

Posted:Sat 31 of Mar, 2012 (10:00 UTC)
I am a college student and a complete newbie to asterisk. I'm currently working on a project 'email to voice call'. Using python i'v extracted the email & converted it into speech and saved in a WAV file. Now using asterisk i want to generate call to the mobile of the user through my system.

I have read the book 'Asterisk: The Future Of Telephony' as suggested by many. But i'm still not able to understand what all things i need to setup to generate a call to mobile. What i understood is that i need to configure two files i.e. sip.conf where i need to give the details of VoIP provider and extensions.conf for dial-plan. Asterisk will tell the VoIP provider to generate a call.

Now can anyone please tell me what things i need to setup other than these? Also can you help me in the configuration of these two files??

Please help. Any information will be appreciated. Thank You.