Asterisk setup for SIP to GSM cell phone

femto

Re: Asterisk setup for SIP to GSM cell phone

Posted:Mon 03 of Sep, 2012 (08:04 UTC)
Hi,
I got it to work with the following. However as this is a primitive set-up, I was only able to dial from cell to SIP and not the other way round. I also had to configure my BTS to support full rate CODEC only, otherwise the signalling worked but there was no voice traffic. I believe this is due to a CODEC licensing issue on Asterisk?

A typical SIP entry (extensions.conf) will look like...

[test]
    exten=123453000,1,Log(NOTICE, Incoming call from ${CALLERID(all)})
    exten=123453000,n,Dial(SIP/123453000) 

A typical SIP entry (sip.conf) will look like...

[123453000]
    type=friend
    host=dynamic
    canreinvite=no
    username=123453000
    secret=MySecretCode
    nat=yes
    qualify=yes
    mailbox=1000
    context=test
    disallow=all
    allow=gsm
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    allow=ilbc 

HTH

Femto
guliavan

Posted:Tue 28 of Aug, 2012 (15:57 UTC)
Hi,

Can you tell us if you've been able to do this? I'm trying to connect to my Asterisk from remote using iSIP app on my iphone. I'm able to do it locally if I use my server's ip adress, but remotely it doesn't work using a DDNS (no-ip.org in my case). I configured the DDNS in my router (which runs dd-wrt), I opened the port 5060 in NAT. I configured sip.conf with the host name and my client witn nat=yes...

I can't get it to work :(

Any ideas?

Thanks,
femto

Posted:Thu 26 of Jul, 2012 (08:11 UTC)
All sorted out now :)
femto

Asterisk setup for SIP to GSM cell phone

Posted:Mon 16 of Jul, 2012 (14:34 UTC)
Dear All,

I'm another newbie to Asterisk but I have what I think (and I would wouldn't I) a simple question. I'm trying to setup Asterisk so that I can connect a software SIP phone to a GSM phone. I believe it's a matter of configuring 'extensions.conf' and 'sip.conf'. I have access to all the infrastructure but cannot get it to work. I don't need a generic solution (no fancy macros) but a push in the right direction on how to route the SIP phone to the GSM handset.

Regards
Femto.