Call Dropping

qdpdotcom

Re: Call Dropping

Posted:Sat 18 of Aug, 2012 (06:35 UTC)
Cisco Systems, though expensive, makes pretty good QOS solutions; In the past we had issues with our voip setup at qdp.com and we were able to overcome them buy simply upgrading our hardware. Feel free to call me at 1-800-406-3282 I am at extension 1033 and am more than willing to put you in contact with the engineers both inside and outside our company and that helped us solve our hardware QOS issues.
kingson87

Re: Call Dropping

Posted:Thu 19 of Jul, 2012 (12:21 UTC)
Hi maliel,

There are various reasons for call dropping.

1. Server Side
2. ISP bandwidth
3. THE VOIP providers ability to take up the load.

Please email me ur contacts so I can be of further assistance.
kingson87(@)gmail.com
Regards
Prince
maliel

Call Dropping

Posted:Mon 16 of Jul, 2012 (18:49 UTC)
Hello guys, im new here, i do work with voip (started like 2 months ago) and im having a few problems, not sure if this is
this forums idea, but here i go.

People of my company always complain about call dropping, sometimes they are in the middle of a call and this just
"finishes itself", i do check the logs for hangupcauses and stuff but it looks like that the call was finished "normally".
Is this "call dropping" expected? I mean we have around 300 voip extensions, in a MPLS (diferrent places), sometimes a
"drop" is expected? It cant be 100% because it depends of a lot of factors like routers, switchs, MPLS speed, internet
speed, routing, QOS? We do have a vlan and QOS, but its not even close to 100%.

I mean, im kinda lost since i never experienced that kind of issue before, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards.