voip bumping wifi users off line

mberlant

Re: voip bumping wifi users off line

Posted:Fri 18 of Jul, 2014 (14:54 UTC)
How did your tenant get physical access to your DSL modem? Is it really a DSL modem or is it a combination modem/router? If your modem and router are two different pieces of equipment, then the direct connection of your shopkeeper tenant's router to your modem did indeed interfere with your other tenants' ability to pass traffic to the internet. If, on the other hand, you are served by a combination modem/router/WiFi access point device, then your problem is probably unrelated to your shopkeeper's having plugged into an available wired jack.

Do you have a WEP or WPA key protecting your WiFi? You might have a neighbor trying to crack your security in order to get free internet. One way of discovering your key is to evict your legitimate subscribers, forcing them to re-authenticate and giving the bad guy a chance to analyze that process.

Good luck.
jarthursmith

Re: voip bumping wifi users off line

Posted:Fri 20 of Jun, 2014 (12:14 UTC)
I guess it is because business VOIP services use an encrypted connection, and this is, most often, not shared. For business transactions, she would need a separate connection.
valeriancafe

voip bumping wifi users off line

Posted:Wed 18 of Jun, 2014 (15:10 UTC)
Hello and good day to you, I have a question I can't find using google, my family has a house that we rent out rooms and I have wifi for everybody who rents. I had a tenant who rented for a small store, this person hooked up a network line to my dsl modem and she had a voip phone and a banking credit card / debit terminal. She was not authorised to do this. Wifi only, so other tenants started to get bumped off the wifi network. Can this be caused by her usage was she using all of the band width ??????? I need spec / info please and Thanks