MP114 setup looking for advice before buying the hardware

sophoah

MP114 setup looking for advice before buying the hardware

Posted:Sun 22 of Jun, 2014 (07:08 UTC)
Hi All,

I'm new in VOIP and had read a few stuff. I'm planning to do some change in my home network and wanted to check with the expert that what I'm trying to achieve is feasible with the hardware I'm planning to buy.

The goal of the setup is to be able to use a VOIP client to be able to dial a number using my current ISP analog line. (it's a home setup)

I'm planning to buy for now only a voice gateway Audiocode MP 114 and if necessary build myself the PBX type asterisk.

So here is the AS-IS diagram :
AS-IS :
FXS port of my Router ---- FXO port of my Analog phone

And here is 2 To be proposal :
1) FXS port of my Router ---- FXO gateway ---- IP network ---- VOIP clients

In order to achieve my goal, I'm not sure if the PBX type asterisk is required or not and hence here is the TO-BE 2 :

2) FXS port of my Router ---- FXO gateway ---- IP network ---- PBX ----- VOIP clients

In both diagram something is missing since with the tiki wiki format doesn't really help to add whitespaces. It's the analog phone connected to the FXO gateway that I should be able to use.

for to be 1) to work I need the FXO gateway to be SIP server capable however after looking at the Audiocode mediapack 114 specification and feature I doubt it is, can anyone confirm ? and confirm that my only viable solution is to-be 2)

Thanks a lot for the answer,
Regards
Sophoah