VoIP over VPN (Because ISP Blocking my IP)

safevpn

Re: VoIP over VPN (Because ISP Blocking my IP)

Posted:Wed 21 of Oct, 2015 (12:43 UTC)
Hi,

you can use windows server with the scenario you have posted. However, you can expect double traffic usage with VoIP over VPN. If you wish to know about openvpn version that will minimize traffic usage on VoIP but recomposing packet's payload to reduce traffic by 50%, then please PM me
parasush

Posted:Wed 21 of Oct, 2015 (12:32 UTC)
It's better to contact your VoIP service provider 'coz they'll be the one who'd be guiding you better. Or otherwise you can give VPN a try. But for the long term solution contact the professionals.
maddygill

Posted:Mon 03 of Nov, 2014 (07:48 UTC)
I am using the Voip for my connection and did not face any problem with it. It never blogged my id and worked really well. To get to more about my connection visit www.libertybts.com
chrishowell

Posted:Wed 24 of Sep, 2014 (15:11 UTC)
Anyone or suggestions please?
chrishowell

VoIP over VPN (Because ISP Blocking my IP)

Posted:Tue 23 of Sep, 2014 (20:17 UTC)
Hi Everyone, I just have a problem with my VoIP phones syetem that the area in which I`m located has limited option of ISP`s therefore my current ISP has started blocking my IP because of the voice traffic. The other ISP doest not provide voice traffic to pass through so its kinda stuck situation for me. My exsisting hardware infrastructrue is as follows:

1-Linksys SPA942 x5(lines/numbers)
2-Service provider is iHub UK
3-Connected through a ADSL router via netgear switch

Now I am thinking to make a windows server and configure some VPN in it and than all phones shall be connected to internet via this computer. Will this be a practical solution or I can use any other VPN based hardware or simple windows machine in order to pass all voice traffic through that system to make my phones work? I shall really appreciate your suggestions and reccomendation to get me out of this trouble. Many Thanks