Using JACK application at both ends of a call

UriahHeep

Using JACK application at both ends of a call

Posted:Fri 16 of Jan, 2015 (12:36 UTC)
We are using Asterisk 11.7 to connect two systems over IAX. At each end JACK is used to interface the call to a user system which uses JACKd for its audio processing. I can make it all work in either direction so long as JACK is only involved at one end, but as soon as JACK is active at both ends I get no audio. Both systems run their own JACKd server. I've also tried SIP as the transport mechanism. I'm using AMI with AGI to control and originate calls. Currently what I have is a call is Originated at one end and connected to JACK. At the other end the incoming call is detected and the user alerted. He then asks for the call to be answered. The answered call is sent to a Local context. When the call is answered and a file is played back the caller can hear the output. If the call is answered and connected to JACK then there's no audio between the systems. I realise I may be the only guy in the world trying to do this (and it could be a JACK issue) but any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.