app_rxfax.c:151: error: ‘struct t38_state_s’ has no member named ‘ast_chan’

Comment on Asterisk spandsp
waseem

Re: app_rxfax.c:151: error: ‘struct t38_state_s’ has no member named ‘ast_chan’

Posted:Thu 28 of Jun, 2007 (08:04 UTC)
Do not use spandsp-0.0.3 use spandsp-0.0.2 instead and go to /src/asterisk/apps and patch the make file

before that please download app_rxfax.c , app_txfax.c and apps_Makefile.patch and copy then into /src/asterisk/apps

Thanks

holon67

Re: app_rxfax.c:151: error: ‘struct t38_state_s’ has no member named ‘ast_chan’

Posted:Thu 03 of Nov, 2005 (20:47 UTC)
Use this version of rxfax/txfax and spandsp if you want to actually get an easy and a working build for Asterisk version 1.2.x, at least, as of today, November 3, 2005, off HEAD branch in cvs:

http://soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.2pre21b/asterisk-1.2.x/

NOTE: As of today, I noticed the above link changed to this, and can't say what here applies anymore, but here is the new link as of 2005-12-30

http://soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.2pre21c/asterisk-1.2.x/

The patching will fail though, so you have to hand tweak the 'apps/Makefile' under the asterisk source dir. Call me if you need any assistance: pcleddy at dat yahoo place.

If you previously installed another version of spandsp, 'make uninstall' is implemented and works, wow!

Also make sure you add '/usr/local/lib' on it's own line in /etc/ld.so.conf, and then run 'ldconfig' command.

Did I probably forget something? Yes.

This, just emailed to me, is the patch for ast 1.2.1. Hope this helps other.

WARNING: THIS IS ONLY FOR VISUAL, DO NOT COPY AND PASTE SINCE TABS and SPACES are INCORRECT! Added spaces so looks right on wiki.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

+++ Makefile 2005-12-28 10:15:15.000000000 -0500@@ -54,6 +54,10 @@
APPS+=app_osplookup.so
endif

+ifneq ($(wildcard $(CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET)/usr/local/include/spandsp.h $(CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET)/usr/include/spandsp.h),)+ APPS+=app_rxfax.so app_txfax.so+endif+ifeq ($(findstring BSD,${OSARCH}),BSD)
CFLAGS+=-I$(CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET)/usr/local/include -L$(CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET)/usr/local/lib
endif
@@ -102,6 +106,12 @@
app_curl.so: app_curl.o
$(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ ${CYGSOLINK} $< ${CYGSOLIB} $(CURLLIBS)

+app_rxfax.so : app_rxfax.o+ $(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ $< -lspandsp -ltiff++app_txfax.so : app_txfax.o+ $(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ $< -lspandsp -ltiff+app_sql_postgres.o: app_sql_postgres.c
$(CC) -pipe -I/usr/local/pgsql/include $(CFLAGS) -c -o app_sql_postgres.o app_sql_postgres.c
sjobeck

Posted:Tue 25 of Oct, 2005 (07:39 UTC)
I am temporarily stuck (SuSe v10, spandsp 0.0.3, CVS-HEAD-2005oct24) with the following results:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/apps'
gcc  -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g  -Iinclude -I../include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6 -march=i686 -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS         -fomit-frame-pointer  -fPIC   -c -o app_rxfax.o app_rxfax.c
app_rxfax.c: In function ‘t38_tx_packet_handler’:
app_rxfax.c:154: error: ‘AST_FRAME_MODEM’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_rxfax.c:154: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
app_rxfax.c:154: error: for each function it appears in.)
app_rxfax.c:155: error: ‘AST_MODEM_T38’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_rxfax.c:162: error: ‘struct t38_state_s’ has no member named ‘ast_chan’
app_rxfax.c: In function ‘rxfax_exec’:
app_rxfax.c:354: error: ‘AST_FRAME_MODEM’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_rxfax.c:354: error: ‘AST_MODEM_T38’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_rxfax.c:358: error: ‘t38_state_t’ has no member named ‘ast_chan’
make[1]: *** [app_rxfax.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/apps'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1