Atcom AT-320 series IP Phone
This is a cheap consumer grade phone based on the PA168S chip.
for More information: ATcom
- Single ethernet port
- Dual ethernet ports (acts like a simple switch or hub)
- Power over Ethernet, with dual ethernet ports
- it's cheap, about $69.00 for one LAN+ One Phone port and $79.00 for 2 LAN Port Models
- You can actually make phone calls, without getting bogged down in the configurations
- Two line alphanumeric display
- Call status display while booting
- Part of the phone design is available at the PA168 chip manufacturer
- The web configuration of the phone is user friendly.
- at the top of the phone are 10 speed dial buttons.
- It fully supports IAX2 now
- Support Message Waiting notifications SIP mwi for waiting voicemails
- Early-Dial function supported via 'digitmap' http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pa1688/message/2158
- HOLD and FWD (transfer) buttons
- Supports provisioning via FTP, TFTP and HTTP http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pa1688/files/FTP_AutoUpgradeGuideEng%202005%2006.doc
- Manufacturer has completely open-sourced the firmware code
- Network cable included
- FCC/CE Approved
- There is a Ethernet Traffic LED, at the front of the phone, next to the speakerphone button. so it is always blinking.
- There is no Message Waiting Indicator LED for voicemail (MWI text only shows in the LCD)
- The configuration page is rather crowded.
- The web config page doesn't remember the activation of daylight savings time and register-ttl
- The phone is very light and the rubber feet may not be effective. When the handset is lifted the phone will slide across the desk instead of the cord stretching. (fixed in new version, weight is now 700gr)
- The loudest volume (32 on it's scale) for ringer is not very loud, especially in a busy office.
- The curly handset cord isn't very long.
- Because the speed-dial guide card has a wavy top and oval button cut outs, you can't easily print a nice quick dial guide with a printer and insert it. Does however come with two guides per phone - use a pencil!
Not Pro, not Con
- The buttons "LocalIP", "SerIP", "Number", "Mask", "RouIP" make the phone talk. It says (!) the local IP address, the IP address of the service (e.g. Asterisk or SIP provider), the configured phone number, the netmask, the default gateway, Nice, but not strictly necessary.
- The Phones use PA168S firmware. The binary files for SIP and IAX are seperate now
- If you want to change from SIP to IAX2 or vice-versa, you have to upload corresponding firmware.
- You cannot switch from SIP to IAX or IAX to SIP by simply changing the port as in old versions.
Ringtones-DTMF0- High pitched, medium length tone - annoying
-DTMF1- louder sounding european style ring
-DTMF2- softer sounding european style ring
-DTMF3- Long ring followed by shorter ring, soft sounding
-DTMF4- very short spaced medium pitched tone - annoying
-DTMF5- Two short pulse european ring sound
-DTMF6- Continuous Medium Pulse Ring - Annoying
-DTMF7- Higher Pitched two short pulses with longer spacing - not too bad
-DTMF8- Two short high pitched pulses, with long spacing - not that bad but not that good
-DTMF9- Very Long High Pitched Tone - Similar to 'PLEASE EVACUATE THE BUILDING type of noise' - very annoying
-NOT DISTURB- no ring at all heard - works as intended
-PCMRING- Preferred - Use this. Sound of a quick succession 4 ring tone
-USER DEFINE- 'Click!' Dont use this - not working with PA-168S afaik.
Newer firmware / phones do not have the DTMF0-9 options, and default to a North-American ringing sound. Very pleasant.
PalmTool TipsPalmTool is a tool designed especially to configure and upgrade the PA168 based IP phone. On a PC
MAKE SURE THE PHONE IS IN DEBUG MODE! Else you can't use palmtool
How to Reset the phone to Factory Defaults1)Unplug the power and wait for 10 seconds
2)Hold * Key on the phone
3)While holding the * key, Plug the power back in - You will see a * and two bars
4)Press #5*5 to reset it and reboot it.
Now all your system settings have been restored, except the Ips as you may be on DHCP.
How to reboot and aquire a new IP1)Press SpeakerButton+12341+LocalIP Button in that sequence - This will automatically
reboot the phone and gets a new local DHCP IP for the Phone.
Default Passwordsa. 1234 - Default User password
b. 12345678 - Default Super User or Admin password
Initial Configuration TipsThe Phone is setup with a default IP Address. The default address for the
Phone is set at 192.168.1.100
Please put the Phone in any network that supports this IP Address range
and Login into the web page using http://192.168.1.100
Or use the DHCP activation as described above and find the ip numberby pressing the locip button
1) Set it to DHCP
2) Set the Debug option to "No-Check"
3) Upgrade the formware from my Web Site
4) Setup your Server and Account information
Note that during testing we discovered that when having to input password via keypad of phone, it would not accept passwords that have two of the same digits following one another - ie: 4224 will not work, while 4242 will work. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug.
IAX or IAX2 Configuration Tips1. Do not use qualify, phones will immediately become unreachable (fixed in 1.49+)
2. Set register value to somewhere around 3600
3. Change the codecs to G.729, GSM, ULAW, ALAW in that order
4. Set the phone to use port 4569 but the server must have port=5036 under [general] in iax.conf
5. To use (MWI) enable in iax.conf the following general flag: mailboxdetail=yes
Upgrading firmware Tips1. It does not need to be successive with each version, skipping versions is fine
2. Make sure the debug option is set to 'no check' and saved to the phone before beginning to update with new firmware.
3. Wait until the phone has completely updated before rebooting or pulling power
4. Make sure to set the ip of the phone in palm-tool if you are using it, it comes preset at 192.168.1.100, if you are not using that ip, it will fail.
Auto ConfigurationAn excelent document for this can be found here:
To get the latest firmware visit http://www.aredfox.com and remember to look for PA-168S
- 02/25/06 - IAX2 stable, supports MWI for waiting voicemail
- Currently there is full support for IAX2 and improved Jitter Buffer Handling. Localized Version support is also beta, but improving
- 01/17/05 - IAX2 is working with these phones, but phones may become unregistered if the asterisk server restarts and sometimes when reloading. Requires a reboot by pressing Speaker+12341+Local IP Button, or power cycle of the phone to become registered again. Also noticed some noise during beginning of call, but quickly dissipates into nothing. IAX calls sound good when calling FWD, IAXTEL or PSTN.
- Motherboard version 4.2 dated 2005/07/01
- Chip: Centrality PA1688-PQ 0550 TS07 XCR75510000B
- Speaker: 8ohm 0.5watt
ATCOM technology co.,limited
Address Rm.6A/B,Shangtian building,No.70,Nanyuan Rd., Shenzhen,China
Tel (86)+755-83018469 83018569 83018769
- See: ATcom page for list.
- The phone uses a PA168S chip
- Sample SIP setup
- The phone is very similar to the GKS-IP323 manufactured by Guangke Sure International
- Firmware for this phone in Spanish and Catalonian available at Capa Tres Soluciones Tecnologicas S.L.
iax.conf file for these phones to be configured is as under:
;This text is for the iax.conf file ; Inter-Asterisk eXchange driver definition ;Register commands to connect to another IAX server has to ;be in the [general] section of iax.conf. ;To set up IAX in trunk mode, add "trunk=yes" to your definition in iax.conf. ;IAX Trunking needs support of a hardware timer. See Asterisk timer for more information. ;Do not use both "host=dynamic" and "defaultip=111.222.333.444", ; make sure it is just one or the other (see bugs 558 and 673). ; ; General settings, like port number to bind to, and ; an option address (the default is to bind to all ; local addresses). ; [general] port=5036 iaxcompat=yes disallow=all ; Enable voicemail details like New Messages: 2 in the display mailboxdetail=yes ; ; All of the following codecs are supported by VoicePulse Connect! ; allow=ulaw allow=ilbc allow=gsm ;allow=adpcm ;allow=alaw ;allow=g723.1 ;allow=g729 jitterbuffer=no
[voicepulse] type=friend context=dialout username= secret= host= gwiaxt01.voicepulse.com [IareaNet.Net] type=friend auth=md5 username= secret= context=dialout host=22.214.171.124 qualify=yes jitterbuffer=no [anotherprovider] type=friend auth=md5 username= secret= context=dialout host=IAX2.anotherprovider.com qualify=yes jitterbuffer=yes
; IAX End User phone extensions
 type=friend username=8101 secret= context=dialout host=dynamic callerid=Joe User <8101>
- Atcom AT-320 Similar page with additional information
- German and European reseller of ATCOM products. All VoIP Phones, ATA's and USB-Gateways and phones
- UK and Worldwide - VoIPon - Best Prices and Support on Atcom AT320. Call for reseller pricing or International Shipping. VoIPon.
- Alsacecom | VoIP Product Reseller - France and EU Distribution.
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+