Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
VoIP Hardware Solutions
Zycoo UC Solutions
Yeastar Communications Solutions
Atcom AT-323 series IP Phone
This is a cheap consumer grade outdated phone based on the PA168S chip.
for More information: ATcom
- it's cheap, about $69.00 for one LAN+ One Phone port and $79.00 for 2 LAN Port Models
- you can actually make phone calls, without getting bogged down in the configurations
- only two line alphanumeric display
- status display while booting
- part of the phone design is available at the PA168 chip manufacturer
- When you change the config from SIP to IAX2, you have to manually change some ports from 5060 to 4569.
- at the top of the phone are 10 speed dial buttons.
- It fully supports Iax2 now
- There is a Ethernet Traffic LED, at the front of the phone, next to the speakerphone button. so it is always blinking.
- There is no Message Waiting Indicator for voicemail (new firmware does support MWI see AT-320 SIP mwi)
- There is no Early-Dial function, you always have to press the "Call" button after a number.
- The configuration page is rather crowded and sparse, it was not easy to setup the phone with Asterisk and SIP
- The web configuration of the phone is cluttered and user unfriendly.
- The web config page doesn't rememeber the activation of daylight savings time and register-ttl
- The phone can download its firmware only via FTP on Request. If you would have 50 of them, then you would have to go into the web page each, login, and select the Software upgrade option ...
- There is no call transfer button
- The phone is very light and the rubber feet may not be effective. When the handset is lifted the phone will slide across the desk instead of the cord stretching.
- Doesn't Include a Network cable in the box
- Not yet FCC/CE approved. See their model AT-320.
Not Pro, not Con
- The buttons "LocalIP", "SerIP", "Number", "Mask", "RouIP" make the phone talk. It says (!) the local IP address, the IP address of the service (e.g. Asterisk or SIP provider), the configured phone number, the netmask, the default gateway, Nice, but not strictly necessary.
Ringtones-DTMF0- High pitched, medium length tone - annoying
-DTMF1- louder sounding european style ring
-DTMF2- softer sounding european style ring
-DTMF3- Long ring followed by shorter ring, soft sounding
-DTMF4- very short spaced medium pitched tone - annoying
-DTMF5- Two short pulse european ring sound
-DTMF6- Continuous Medium Pulse Ring - Annoying
-DTMF7- Higher Pitched two short pulses with longer spacing - not too bad
-DTMF8- Two short high pitched pulses, with long spacing - not that bad but not that good
-DTMF9- Very Long High Pitched Tone - Similar to 'PLEASE EVACUATE THE BUILDING type of noise' - very annoying
-NOT DISTURB- no ring at all heard - works as intended
-PCMRING- Preferred - Sound of a quick succession 4 ring tone - okay i guess
-USER DEFINE- 'Click!' noise heard - not working with PA-168S afaik.
How to Reset the phone to Factory Defaults1)Unplug the power and wait for 10 seconds
2)Hold * Key on the phone
3)While holding the * key, Plug the power back in - You will see a * and two bars
4)Press #5*5 to reset it and reboot it.
Now all your system settings have been restored, except the Ips as you may be on DHCP.
How to reboot and aquire a new IP1)Press SpeakerButton+12341+LocalIP Button - This will automatically
reboot the phone and gets a new local DHCP IP for the Phone.
Default Passwordsa. 1234 - Default User password
b. 12345678 - Default Super User or Admin password
Initial Configuration TipsThe Phone is setup with a default IP Address. The default address for the
Phone is set at 192.168.1.100
Please put the Phone in any network that supports this IP Address range
and Login into the web page using http://192.168.1.100
1) Set it to DHCP
2) Set the Debug option to No-Check
3) Upgrade the formware from my Web Site
4) Setup your Server and Account information
Note that during testing we discovered that when having to input password via keypad of phone, it would not accept passwords that have two of the same digits following one another - ie: 4224 will not work, while 4242 will work. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug.
IAX or IAX2 Configuration Tips1. Do not use qualify, phones will immediately become unreachable
2. Set register value to somewhere around 3600
3. Change the codecs to G.729, GSM, ULAW, ALAW in that order
4. Set the phone to use port 4569 but the server must have port=5036 under [general] in iax.conf
Upgrading firmware Tips1. It does not need to be successive with each version, skipping versions is fine
2. Make sure the debug option is set to 'no check' and saved to the phone before beginning to update with new firmware.
3. Wait until the phone has completely updated before rebooting or pulling power
4. Make sure to set the ip of the phone in palm-tool if you are using it, it comes preset at 192.168.1.100, if you are not using that ip, it will fail.
To get the latest firmware visit http://www.aredfox.com and remember to look for PA-168S
- Currently there is limited support for IAX2 and improved Jitter Buffer Handling. Localized Version support is also beta, but improving
- 01/17/05 - IAX2 is working with these phones, but phones become unregistered if the asterisk server restarts and sometimes when reloading. Requires a reboot or power cycle of the phone to become registered again. Also noticed some noise during beginning of call, but quickly dissipates into nothing. IAX calls sound good when calling FWD, IAXTEL or PSTN.
manufacture:ATCOM technology co.,limited
Address Rm.6A/B,Shangtian building,No.70,Nanyuan Rd., Shenzhen,China
Tel (86)+755-83018469 83018569 83018769
- The phone uses a PA168S chip
- Sample SIP setup
- The phone is very similar to the GKS-IP323 manufactured by Guangke Sure International
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+