Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Synopsis:Executes an AGI compliant application, with file descriptors
EAGI--Enhanced Asterisk Gateway Interface
EAGI is a slightly more advanced version of AGI, allowing the AGI script to interact with the inbound audio stream via file descriptor 3. Essentially, EAGI can be used to create applications that can tap into an inbound audio stream, analyze it, and perform tasks in accordance with that stream of data.
Executes an Asterisk Gateway Interface compliant program on a channel. AGI allows Asterisk to launch external programs written in any language to control a telephony channel, play audio, read DTMF digits, etc. by communicating with the AGI protocol on stdin and stdout.
Return codesReturns -1 on hangup or if application requested hangup, or 0 on non-hangup exit.
Requirements for applications
- must be located in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
- must be specified in the dialplan complete with an extension
- must be executable (use "chmod 770 file" in the linux shell)
- must be owned by the "asterisk" user (use "chown asterisk file" in the linux shell)
EAGI File descriptors
- 0 (STDIN) = fromast pipe: sends data out of asterisk
- 1 (STDOUT) = toast pipe: sends data into asterisk
- 3 (STDERR+1) = audio pipe: Linear pcm audio pipe
Asterisk | Applications | Functions | Variables | Expressions | Asterisk FAQ
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+