Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Asterisk in an International Context
Asterisk is primarily developed by Digium, a US company.
However there are many users around the world who help ensure that it works optimally in many other locations as well.
Making Asterisk sound right
Caller ID issues
- Zcomplex impedance
- Digium - impedance values for FXO hardware
- wcfxs.c supports international impedance matching in CVS HEAD from 25/06/2004
Multi-lingual GUI tools for Asterisk
- Asterisk Assistants for MacOSX with localisations in French, German, Japanese and Spanish
- ScopServ with complete i18n supports, available in about 30 languages
Worldwide user groups (International, no specific country)
- Our mission is to promote the use of Asterisk PBX and related technologies.
- We meet at least once a month in a virtual environment (shared desktop for presentations and VoIP for all memebers).
- Membership is free regardless of geographical location.
Foreign language sites
- http://www.asteriskitalia.com - asterIT/ project italian style site and forum for Asterisk
- http://www.asterisk.com.ar - Argentina site and forum for Asterisk and VoIP (Under construction)
- http://www.ip-phone-forum.de - German site and forum for Asterisk and VoIP
- http://www.asterisk-forum.gr - Greek Asterisk Forum
- Asterisk subforum(s) including 3 for ISDN + Asterisk
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asteriskbr/ - Portuguese mailing list for Asterisk
- http://asteriskforum.ru/ - Russian Asterisk Forum
- http://www.voip-forum.se/ - Swedish Asterisk/VoIP forum
- http://voip.com.vn - Vietnamese Asterisk/VoIP forum
- http://www.asterisk-es.org/ - Spanish website forum for Asterisk/VoIP (south american people welcome!)
- http://asterisk.pbx.in/ - Forum for Asterisk/VoIP deployments in India
- http://www.asterisk-online.com.ar/ - Forum for Asterisk/VoIP comunity in Argentina!!!, Forum, notes and tutorials in Spanish!!
- http://voip-info.jp/ - Japanese Asterisk/VoIP Wiki
- http://forum.asteriskthailand.com/ - Asterisk, VoIP and Telecom Forum in Thailand
- http://www.pbxware.ru/ - PBXWare - Everything about the Asterisk
- http://asteriskpbx.ru/ - Russian asterisk distribution adjusted for local environment
- http://asterisk-support.ru - The most popular Asterisk forum in runet.
- http://www.spanky-world.com/lab/asterisk/asterisk_lab.html - Asterisk information in Japanese language. NIHONGO site.
Go back to Asterisk
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+