Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Asterisk Network Protocol
Asterisk Network ProtocolThis page is dedicated to what the future manager interface should be. A Asterisk Networked protocol could bring multiple potentials, here are a list of items.
To start, here are brain storming
- Beable to share from multiple Asterisk system, 1 central voicemail server, so all phone registred to different * can get the MWI
- Beable to remotly connect to a manager interface, so you dont need to connect to multiple system, only 1 to have access to all the console of the net
- Could be made to create level User access, for having windows/exchange/whatever plugin to see voicemail on the desktop, or connect a windows conference server with a remote control software
- Beable to make diffrent * server talk to each other to create 1 big conference server
- Beable to see the status, cpu channels and find call on different server from 1 central location
- Beable to have a queues split on different server.
- Beable to sent CDR to the net, so you can configure a client to that net to monitor or dump the info to a billing server live
- Have all the communication encrypted using certificat or other way
- Please add more
MessagesA message is something like 'Extension xy is ringing' or 'xy hung up' and so on.
- Publish/Subscribe for messages
- Categorization of messages (e.g. messages that belong to my extension, busylamp-field related messages, etc.)
- Complete rights management (who is allowed to see which messages)
CommandsA Command is sent to initiate something in asterisk:
- Complete API (initiate, transfer, status etc.)
- Rights management on commands (who is allowed to do what)
TechnicalWhat are technical whishes or musts for a new implementation
- Standard protocol
- Scalable protocol - be able to give every extension a manager channel for CTI etc.
- Interchangeable protocol between asterisk servers
ProposalsHow could the whishes be best made true?
- Modular architecture - Don't affect asterisk kernel with manager tasks - let one interface between asterisk and managerserver allow all messages and commands be transferred and do rights management and subscription et al in managerserver-process/thread/machine
- Messaging based architecture - there was a proposal of using jabber xml-messaging which I find very suitable
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+