For finding out how to determine the hardware sizing needs of your Asterisk system see Asterisk dimensioning. For appliances see Asterisk Appliances.
For phones to use with Asterisk, including VoIP phones (both hard and soft phones) and Analog Telephone Adapters, see Asterisk phones.
- PSTN Interface cards (analog, GSM, ISDN-PRI and R2/MFC)
- Dialogic Eicon
- ELGATO Communications
- IXC harware/software manufacturer.
- Nicherons Canada: Asterisk Hardware
- Odin TeleSystems Alvis-PBX Asterisk Appliances
- PhonicEQ Inc - The creator of Tormenta III card
- Pika Technologies Inc
- Positron Telecom
- Rhino Equipment Corp
- Sangoma cards
- Sirrix AG
- Synway Asterisk Hardware
- Voicetronix cards
- X100P clone cards.
- ISDN-BRI Interface cards (can be used as PSTN cards, or as terminal equipment)
- PC/Server Motherboards
- Complete systems
- Channel Banks
- Cable Info T1, Amp50, Punch Down etc
- Paging Systems
- GSM and other cellular networks
- See also
- Where to Buy
PSTN Interface cards (analog, GSM, ISDN-PRI and R2/MFC)
This section contains hardware for connecting analog or digital phone lines from the Public Switched Telephone Network to your Asterisk server.
Single port FXO Card
- http://asterisk.pbx.in/x100p-card-in-india Enterux X100P - Authentic X100P Wildcard OEM 1 Port FXO for Asterisk,
- One Year Limited Warranty, http://asterisk.pbx.in/x100p-order-form Buy now from here - Delivered anywhere in India only
- AX-1E: One PRI port 30 channels
- AX-4E: Same as Tormenta2 and Digium's E400P cards
- AX-4S: 4 Basic Rate Interface ports (I.421) for TE and NT mode
- AX-4T: Same as Tormenta2 and Digium's E400P cards
- AX-100P: one fxo pci card, compatible digium x100p
- AX-400P: Suitable for SOHO PBX application.
- AX-1600P: 16 ports anolog pci board
- IP04: 4 ports fxo/fxs asterisk embedded ippbx
- IP08: 8 ports fxo/fxs asterisk embededded ippbx
- berofix 400: berofix 400 PCI Mainboard with 4-16 Channels
- berofix 1600: berofix 1600 PCI Mainboard with 16-64 Channels
- berofix 6400: berofix 6400 PCI Mainboard with 64-18 Channels
- berofix 400e: berofix 400 PCIe Mainboard with 4-16 Channels
- berofix 1600e: berofix 1600 PCIe Mainboard with 16-64 Channels
- berofix 6400e: berofix 6400 PCIe Mainboard with 64-18 Channels
- berofix 400box: berofix 400 Gateway with 4-16 Channels
- berofix 1600box: berofix 1600 Gateway with 16-64 Channels
- berofix 6400box: berofix 6400 Gateway with 64-18 Channels
- berofix Module bf4S0: 4 Port BRI Module
- berofix Module bf2S02FXS: 2 Port BRI / 2 Port FXS Hybrid Module
- berofix Module bf1E1: 1 Port PRI E1 Module
- berofix Module bf2E1: 2 Port PRI E1 Module
- berofix Module bf4FXO: 4 Port Analog FXO Module
- berofix Module bf4FXS: 4 Port Analog FXS Module
- berofix Module bf2GSM: 2 Port GSM Module
Professional Asterisk Hardware provider:
- BroadTel TDM100 X100P Clone PCI card (Motorola chipset)
- BroadTel TDM101 X101P Clone PCI card (Ambient chipset)
- BroadTel TE110 1-port T1/E1/J1Clone PCI digital card
- BroadTel TDM400A TDM400P Clone PCI analog card
- BroadTel TDM400D Tormenta2/T400P/E400P Clone PCI digital card
- BroadTel iPBX400 Embedded Asterisk IP-PBX with 4-port FXS/FXO modules, welcome OEM & ODM orders. Provide tailor-made model such as 2-port or 8-port IP-PBX.
- Analog Interface Cards (with optional DSP Hardware Echo Cancellation)
- Digital Interface Cards (with optional DSP Hardware Echo Cancellation)
- Digium TE122 1 Port T1/E1/J1 Card
- Digium TE121 1 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (PCIe)
- Digium TE220 2 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (PCIe)
- Digium TE420 4 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (PCIe)
- Digium B410P 4 Port BRI Card
- Digium TE120P 1 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (No optional DSP Hardware Echo Cancellation)
- Dgium TE205P 2 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (5 volt PCI)
- Digium TE207P 2 Port T1/E1/J1 Card w/Hardware Echo Cancellation (5 volt PCI)
- Digium TE210P 2 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (3.3 volt PCI)
- Digium TE212P 2 Port T1/E1/J1 Card w/Hardware Echo Cancellation (3.3 volt PCI)
- Digium TE405P 4 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (5 volt PCI)
- Digium TE407P 4 Port T1/E1/J1 Card w/Hardware Echo Cancellation (5 volt PCI)
- Digium TE410P 4 Port T1/E1/J1 Card (3.3 volt PCI)
- Digium TE412P 4 Port T1/E1/J1 Card w/Hardware Echo Cancellation (3.3 volt PCI)
- Hybrid Digital+Analog Interface Cards (with optional DSP Hardware Echo Cancellation)
- http://www.digium.com/en/products/hybrid/h8.php 8 Port BRI or 4 Port BRI + 0-4 Port Analog Cards, HA8 (PCI) and HB8 (PCIe)
- Discontinued Cards
- Wildcard E100P 1 Port E1 Card (Discontinued, Replaced by TE110P)
- Wildcard E400P 4 Port E1 Card (Discontinued, Replaced by TE405/TE410)
- Wildcard T100P 1 Port T1 Card (Discontinued, Replaced by TE110P)
- Wildcard T400P 4 Port T1 Card (Discontinued, Replaced by TE405/TE410)
- Wildcard TE110P 1 Port T1/E1 Card (Discontinued, Replaced by TE12X)
- Digium TE406P 4 Port T1/E1/J1 Card w/Hardware Echo Cancellation (Discontinued, Replaced by TE407)
- Digium TE411P 4 Port T1/E1/J1 Card w/Hardware Echo Cancellation (Discontinued, Replaced by TE412)
- Digium TDM400P 4 Port Analog Card (Discontinued, Replaced by TDM410)
- Wildcard X100P 1 Port FXO card (Discontinued 12/08/2004, Replaced by TDM400)
- VB0404FX - 4 FXS, with built in aLaw, uLaw and GSM codec, Echo Cancelation into DSP
- VB0408PCI - 4/8 FXO, with built in aLaw, uLaw and GSM codec, Echo Cancelation into DSP
- VB3030PCI - 1 E1, with built in aLaw, uLaw and GSM codec, Echo Cancelation and R2D/MFC protocol into DSP
- VB6060PCI - 2 E1, with built in aLaw, uLaw and GSM codec, Echo Cancelation and R2D/MFC protocol into DSP
Dialogic EiconThe Diva Server V-Series provides a dedicated range of telephony adapters that provide rich media processing capabilities for enabling voice, speech and conferencing applications. For an explanation of the different cards please see this document
- Diva Server V-Analog - Connects to either 4 or 8 Analog lines
- Diva Server V-PRI - Connects to 1 E1 Line
- Diva Server V-PRI - Connects to 1 T1 Line
- Diva Server PRI/E1/T1-CTI -Connects to a E1 or T1 line
- Diva Server V-2PRI - Connects to 2 E1/T1 lines
- Diva Server V-4PRI - Connects to 4 E1/T1 lines
- VoIP-GSM card (Asterisk, SMS), 4/8-ports, PCI-series 4/8 GSM-modules (900/1800/1900 Mhz), 1 SIM-card per channel (and SIM-Server support), DTMF receiver, Digital sound processing (with possibility of hardware compression: G.729, G.726, G.723), Light-emitting diode indication of channels activity
- VoIP-WCDMA(3G) card (Asterisk, SMS), 4/8-ports, PCI-series 4/8 WCDMA(3G)-modules, 1 SIM-card per channel (and SIM-Server support), DTMF receiver, Digital sound processing (with possibility of hardware compression: G.729, G.726, G.723), Light-emitting diode indication of channels activity
IXC harware/software manufacturer.
Ukrainian telecommunication company, which develops and manufacture a wide range of contemporary information systems and technologies for communication enterprises.
- Flexible, efficient, scalable PSTN to VoIP box - $300 Budgetary solution of PSTN DSS1 - SIP gateway, connected via Ethernet.
- Magiclink Asterisk Appliance - AADK compatible Embedded Asterisk Box - 8 FXO/FXS port
Nicherons Canada: Asterisk Hardware
- TDM410Pv2 - SpoTel 4-port PCI or PCIe TDM cards, NEW technology evolution, Version 2, **1st of its kind in the world**
- TE110 - SpoTel T1/E1 Digital telephony card in PCI or PCIe Express bus
- M200P - SpoTel 4-port PCI Mobile TDM cards, supporting GSM / CDMA / SMS / FXO & FXS modules
- TDM1600Pv2 - SpoTel 16-port PCI or PCIe TDM cards ; **one card does all, no need of TDM410P, TDM800P anymore!
- ipPBX-mini - SpoTel mini ipPBX: Big phone system solution in the most elegant & portable device
Odin TeleSystems Alvis-PBX Asterisk Appliances
- Alvis-PBX-2 Dual E1 PRI Asterisk Appliance based on TI DaVinci SoC
- Alvis-PBX-0 Sip-only Asterisk Appliance based on TI DaVinci SoC
- A400E PCI-e Card-TDM compatible
- A400M Mini-PCI Card
- A400P PCI Card - TDM400 compatible
- A800P PCI Card - 8 port FXS/FXO card
- A1200P PCI Card - 12 port FXS/FXO card
- AE2410P PCI Card - 24 port FXS/FXO + Octasic Hardware EC module
- B100P PCI Card-1 Port ISDN Card
- B200P PCI Card - 2 Port ISDN BRI Card
- B200E PCI-e Card- 2 Port ISDN BRI Card
- B200M Mini PCI card- 2 Port ISDN BRI Card
- B400P PCI Card - 4 Port ISDN BRI Card
- B400E PCI Express 1.0 - 4 Port ISDN BRI Card
- B400M Mini PCI card- 4 Port ISDN BRI Card
- B800P PCI Card - 8 Port ISDN BRI Card
- D110P PCI Card - T1/E1/J1 TE110P compatible
- DE115P/DE115P - Single Port T1/E1/J1 card + hardware Echo cancellation module
- D210P PCI Card - T1/E1/J1 TE210P/TE205P compatible
- D210E PCI-express Card - T1/E1/J1 TE210P/TE205P compatible
- D410P PCI Card - T1/E1/J1 TE410/TE405P compatible
- D410E PCI-express Card - T1/E1/J1 TE410/TE405P compatible
- DE210E PCI Express card with hardware Echo cancellation - T1/E1/J1
- DE210P PCI card with hardware Echo cancellation - T1/E1/J1
- DE410E PCI Express card with hardware Echo cancellation - T1/E1/J1
- DE410P PCI card with hardware Echo cancellation - T1/E1/J1
- GSM Cards/G400P
- Embedded Asterisk Motherboard IPC100- Atom Z5xxP up to 1.6G + Fanless Design
- Asteroid - The voice channel bank of FXS/FXO ports (up to 30), connection to Asterisk server through E1 or Ethernet ports (TDMoX).
- ELF2-AE - External E1 interface device for Asterisk, connection to Asterisk server through Ethernet (TDMoX) with Hot-plug support.
- Quasar E1 - 4/8 E1, PCI/PCIe or PMC interface cards.
- Quasar M - 1/2 E1, PCI/PCIe interface cards.
PhonicEQ Inc - The creator of Tormenta III cardPhonicEQ Inc - Affordable Quad/Double/Single T1/E1/J1 and BRI/Analog PCI cards and more! -> http://phoniceq.com
- E400P 4x E1 PCI card - $350 - Tormenta III 4 port E1 PCI card
- T400P 4x T1/J1 PCI card - $350 - Tormenta III 4 port T1/J1 PCI card
- TE100P Single port T1/E1/J1 PCI card - MSRP $230
- TE400P 4x T1/E1/J1 PCI card - $399 - Tormenta III 4 port T1/E1/J1 PCI card
- Quad(4) port BRI card - 4 Port ISDN BRI active Card - $230 - works with bristuff/mISDN stack for use in Europe and USA!!!
- The V-Series from Positron is the ONLY PCI card on the market where you dont need a ZAP/DAHDI driver as the cards all install as Ethernet adapters. Suitable for all SIP based applications, the V-Series provides all the telephony needs for enterprises and makes it easier and faster to use than any other adapter.
- V-114 PCI - 4FXO, 1 FXS, Ethernet, Echo Canceller - no ZAP required, connect with SIP
- V-214 PCI - 4EURO ISDN BRI, 1 FXS, Ethernet, Echo Canceller - no ZAP required, connect with SIP
- V-310 PCI - 1E1/T1, 1 FXS, Ethernet, Echo Canceller - no ZAP required, connect with SIP
- Redfone foneBRIDGE2: Single, Dual, and Quad T1/E1/PRI to Ethernet Bridge appliance
- External alternative to T1/E1 PCI cards at about the same price
- Capable of automatic failover from a primary to backup Asterisk PBX server
- Supports high-availability, load balancing, and Asterisk clusters without additional hardware
- Easier, less complicated, and less expensive than T1/E1 VoIP Gateways
- Works with Asterisk, Elastix, Trixbox, and Freeswitch
- Heavy-duty equipment made in USA; thousands deployed worldwide since 2005
- Redfone VGate: Turn-key VMWare T1/E1 to SIP Gateway Appliance
- VGate allows customers to easily deploy open-source PBX systems in a virtual environment while maintaining call quality and scalability
- Analog PCI Plug-In telephony cards
- Dual FXO Module - Dual FXO Module for R8FXX & R24FXX Modular Cards
- Dual FXS Module - Dual FXS Module for R8FXX & R24FXX Modular Cards
- R4FXO-EC - 4 Analog Lines PCI Plug-In Card with on-board Echo Cancellation
- R8FXX-EC - 8 Analog Channels Modular PCI Plug-In Card with on-board Echo Cancellation
- R24FXX-EC - 24 Analog Channels Modular PCI Plug-In Card with on-board Echo Cancellation
- Digital PCI cards
- Echo Cancellation Module - Echo Cancellation Module for all Digital PCI Plug-In Cards
- R1T1 - 1 Port E1/T1/J1 Digital Telephony PCI Plug-In Card
- R1T1-EC - 1 Port E1/T1/J1 Digital Telephony PCI Plug-In Card With Echo Clear
- R2T1 - 2 Port E1/T1/J1 Digital Telephony PCI Plug-In Card
- R2T1-e - 2 Port E1/T1/J1 Digital Telephony PCI Express Plug-In Card
- R4T1 - 4 Port E1/T1/J1 Digital Telephony PCI Plug-In Card
- R4T1-e - 4 Port E1/T1/J1 Digital Telephony PCI Express Plug-In Card
- Channel Banks
- Ceros - Ceros telephony system
- Ceros 1U - Ceros 1U telephony system
- Ceros Desltop - Ceros Desktop telephony system
- Analog Telephony
- Digital Voice and Data Networking
- Digital-Analog Hybrids
- FlexBRI FlexBRI Hybrid Voice Card
- Data Networking
- NetBorder Express
- ISDN-BOX BRI/PRI External solution for BRI or PRI connections
- Digital Interface Cards
Synway Asterisk Hardware
- Analog Telephony
- FXC200: 1 port FXO and 1 port FXS combine module
- FXD400: 2 port - 4 port Daugherboard
- FXO200: 2 port FXO module
- FXS200: 2 port FXS module
- FXM3200E: 2 Port - 32 Port Expandable PCIe Analog Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- FXM3201E: 2 Port - 32 Port Expandable PCIe Analog Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- FXM3200P: 2 Port - 32 Port Expandable PCI Analog Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- FXM3201P: 2 Port - 32 Port Expandable PCI Analog Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- Digital Telephony
- TEJ100E Single Port T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ101E Single Port T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ100P Single Port T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ101P Single Port T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ200E Dual Ports T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ201E Dual Ports T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ200P Dual Ports T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ201P Dual Ports T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ400E Quad Ports T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ401E Quad Ports T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ400P Quad Ports T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ401P Quad Ports T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ800E Eight Ports T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ801E Eight Ports T1/E1/J1 PCIe Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ800P Eight Ports T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 32MS Echo Cancellation
- TEJ801P Eight Ports T1/E1/J1 PCI Digital Card + 128MS Echo Cancellation
- VSPARK IP-PBX
- VSPARK, the IP-PBX based on open source and next generation network (NGN) technology, not only delivers all functionalities of traditional PBXs, but provides an array of NGN communications features and benefits, which traditional PBX systems could not offer.
- Complimentary Transcoding
- Embedded Asterisk IP PBX
- Univox S400 Embedded Asterisk IP PBX with 4 FXS/FXO.
- Univox S800 Embedded Asterisk IP PBX with 8 FXS/FXO.
- Analog PCI Cards
- AP400 4-port analog card motherboard
- AP431 Analog card with 3 FXS + 1 FXO
- AP422 Analog card with 2 FXS + 2 FXO
- AP413 Analog card with 1 FXS + 3 FXO
- AP1600 analog PCI card supports up to 16 FXS/FXO motherboard
- AP1604 analog PCI card with 8FXO
- AP1631 analog PCI card with 6 FXS + 2 FXO
- AP1622 analog PCI card with 4 FXS + 4 FXO
- AP1613 analog PCI card with 2 FXS + 6 FXO
- AP1642 analog PCI card with 8 FXS + 4 FXO
- AP1633 analog PCI card with 6 FXS + 6 FXO
- AP1662 analog PCI card with 12 FXS + 4 FXO
- AP1644 analog PCI card with 8 FXS + 8 FXO
VarionZapata Telephony T1 and E1 cards: http://www.govarion.com
- OpenLine4 4 FXO PCI card
- OpenPCI-4 & OpenPCI-8 4 and 8 FXO/FXS PCI cards
- OpenPRI Single and dual E1/T1/J1 PCI cards
- OpenSwitch6 & OpenSwitch12 6 and 12 FXO/FXS PCI cards
- Astribank: External, USB 2.0 connected, supports combinations of FXS, FXO, BRI ISDN, E1/T1 PRI, E1 R2, T1 CAS — up to 32 analog ports per chassis.
- XR1000 Asterisk Appliance - up to 50 users - with FXS, FXO and BRI ISDN ports
- XR2000 Asterisk Appliance - up to 200 users - with FXS, FXO, BRI ISDN and/or E1/T1 PRI/R2/CAS ports
- XE2000 Asterisk Appliance - up to 200 users - with FXS, FXO, BRI ISDN and/or E1/T1 PRI/R2/CAS ports
- XR3000 Asterisk Appliance - up to 1000 users - with FXS, FXO, BRI ISDN and/or E1/T1 PRI/R2/CAS ports
- XE3000 Asterisk Appliance - up to 1000 users - with FXS, FXO, BRI ISDN and/or E1/T1 PRI/R2/CAS ports
- Authentic X100P Special Edition One port FXO PCI Interface for Digium Asterisk
- Special Edition: 3.3+5v PCI, Global Line Compat. +More!
- DTMF Detection and Voice Quality Tested under Asterisk
- All Product comes with 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Voxzone X100P 1 Port FXO for Asterisk
- One Year Limited Warranty
- Analog Interface PCI cards
- ZMA100P - Single port analog interface card
- ZMA400P - Quad port analog interface card series: With SoftEcho Echo Cancellation Software
- ZMA800P - Octal port analog interface card series: With SoftEcho Echo Cancellation Software
- Digital Interface PCI Cards
- ZMD110P - Single port Digital interface E1/T1 card
- Analog Modules
- ZMX100P - Single Port FXO module
- ZMS100P - Single Port FXS module
- A400P: Zaproink high performance Asterisk device; 4 port analog telephony devcie for SOHO PBX application. Full compatible with Asterisk / ZAPTEL.
- E400P: Zaprolink High performance Asterisk device; 4 port Digital telephony devcie; Support 4 E1 with PRI ISDN protocal. Full compatible with Asterisk / ZAPTEL.
X100P clone cards.These are voice WinMODEMs marked with Intel 537, Ambient MD3200, or Motorola 62802 chipsets. These cards install and behaves exactly like a Digium Wildcard X101P card. (There are problems with intel 537EP & FA82537EP chipsets, but the 537PU & 537PG should work.) OEM X100P "clone" cards are sold based upon this soft modem chipset. People report very mixed results. Most start their Asterisk learning with these very inexpensive cards.
There are some possible Caller ID issues: Getting the following checksum error on the CLI, but the information is still passed correctly.
- NOTICE[-1252213840]: callerid.c:238 callerid_feed: Caller*ID failed checksum
ISDN-BRI Interface cards (can be used as PSTN cards, or as terminal equipment)
- AX-4S:4 Basic Rate Interface ports (I.421) for TE and NT mode
- beroNet cards 4-port ISDN + 8-port ISDN (supporting NT/TE modes) interface cards by beroNet technologies GmbH. beroNet provides its own channel driver for Asterisk: "chan_misdn".
- beroNet installation guide for installing Digium cards with zaptel and beroNet cards with chan_misdn
- Diva Server V-Series provides a dedicated range of telephony adapters that provide rich media processing capabilities for enabling voice, speech and conferencing applications. For an explanation of the different cards please see this document
- Diva Server V-BRI- Connects to 1 BRI Line
- Diva Server V-4BRI - Connects to 4 BRI lines
- Diva Server provides a set of robust all-in-one communication adapters for the integration of multiple applications, including Fax, Unified Messaging and Voice - all on a common hardware platform. For an explanation of the different cards please see this document
- Quad(4) port BRI card - 4 Port ISDN BRI active Card - $230 - works with bristuff/mISDN stack for use in Europe and USA!!!
- B700 FlexBRI new BRI and analog hybrid card with Octasic HWEC
- Vlines access_4S0 4x S0-ports (NT and TE). Based on HFC-4S Cologne Chip: compatible to mISDN, BRIstuff & vISDN
- Xorcom Astribank BRI. May also have FXS modules.
- any cheap HFC-S PCI chipset based ISDN card, can be used in either TE or NT mode - see zaphfc as part of zaptelBRI
- any CAPI compatible passive ISDN card (popular example: AVM Fritz! PCI) - see chan_capi
While Asterisk will run on many different systems, the limitations will be determined by what type of interface cards you choose for connecting to phone lines or phones.
PCI Slot Requirements: Carefully check what the requirements are for any PCI card you select in terms of PCI slot type, 5 volt vs. 3.3V, 32 bit vs. 64 bit, 33 Mhz or higher. The X100P clone cards require 5 volts and won't work in motherboards that can't supply 5 volts. The cards should be keyed so they will only fit in 5V slots, but at least some of the clone cards have the notch in the PCI connector that will allow them to fit into 3.3V slots. Symptoms of putting a 5V card in a 3.3V only slot is that the system won't power up.
Pictorial guides to identifying types of PCI slots:
The DIGIUM TE410 PRI card, requires a motherboard with a 64bit 3.3v PCI slot. Given the bandwidth requirements, it would be better to have a 133Mhz slot if available.
The newer DIGIUM TE405P PRI card uses the more commonly available 32bit 5 volt PCI slot, so you have a wider selection of motherboards for this card. Other than the PCI slot type, this board is virtually identical to the TE410P.
Note: Some cards like the TDM400's are 3.3V cards, but to make up for their higher power requirements, they require an available hard drive power connector in order to get 5V or 12V. If all of your connectors are in use you may require a Y (splitter) cable.
PCI interrupts: A lot of issues are reported with MB's that share interrupts on a single PCI slot, with the Digium hardware. Better quality MB's allow BIOS specifcation of the IRQ to a PCI slot to avoid this issue.
See also: Asterisk hardware interrupts
You can use the command "cat /proc/interrupts" to see the interrupt allocations and possible conflicts.
The command "lspci -bv" can also provide additional information regarding IRQs.
If you find the interrupts are not shared, but hear ticking noises in your digium hardware anyhow, I've discovered the IDE harddisk write can be the cause. Digium support susguested the following command. $ hdparm -u1 /dev/hda This command sets "get/set unmaskirq flag (0/1)". By default the disk will ask for interrupt priority to write to the disk. Changing this setting hardly affects performance, but the sound problems go away.
The DIGIUM T100P has issues with at least one chipset (the SiS 740) with shared-memory onboard video. If you're trying to run a T100P or TE4xx on a board with shared-memory video, and the zaptel driver locks up the computer soon after you configure the spans with ztcfg, try adding a PCI or AGP video card, then go into the BIOS setup and disable the onboard video. The theory is that the T100P is too "busy" a device for the 740 to cope with, and causes the chipset to lock up. Machines that use dedicated-memory video (where the video chip has its own memory, just as if it were on a card) are apparently not affected. If you have this problem with another shared-memory chipset, please note it here.
There has also been trouble with the Tyan S2466 Athlon MP motherboard. When running more than two T400P boards, the system will lock up soon after starting the zaptel drivers. No workaround has been found.
Asterisk / Trixbox Hardware Compatibilty Forum
- Production Tested Compatible Server boards (64bit 3.3v)
- WARNING - many Dell motherboards use the e1000 gigabit ethernet chipset, which has been known to cause random locksup - if you plan on using a Dell server, disable the onboard controller and purchase an addon ethernet card.
- Dell PowerEdge 1750
- Dell PowerEdge 2650
- Dell PowerEdge 2850 - When using the 2800 or 2850 server you will find they don't ship with internal molex connectors. If you expect to be using a card such as the Digium TDM2400P and FXS modules then you will need internal molex connectors to power the FXS modules. You can order Item number G2536 for the 2800 or H2188 for the 2850 from dell and this connection will provide you with internal molex connectors. The item description is listed as "ASSY;CBL;PWR;PBAY;2DROP;PE2800"
- Dell Poweredge 750 (TE110P) Kernel 2.6.9, must use SMP kernel for APIC and X Windows not running, otherwise frame slips occur
- Compaq ProLiant DL380 G3
- HP DL320 (TE410P, TE110P) Kernel 2.6.5, 2.6.9 uniprocessor and SMP kernel
- IBM X300 Series
- Intel SE7501HG2
- Tyan 7500i(S2721)
- Tyan GX15 B2723T15/B2723T15M
- Tyan Thunder i7501 Pro (S2721-533)
- Tyan Tomcat i720 S5112
- Tyan Trinity GC-SL (S2707)
- Supermicro 7043A-ib, 614H-Xi, kernel 2.6.9 uniprocessor and Supermicro 6014H-X8 kernel 2.6.9 SMP - T100P, Sangoma A101, 102, and A104
- Supermicro PDSME, Intel E7230 chipset, Dual LAN, 2x 64-bit 133MHz PCI-X, 2x 64-bit 100MHz PCI-X, Sangoma A200D, 3ware 8006-2LP SATA RAID 1, kernel 2.6.9 SMP
- 7500i Systems
- Crystal CS100 with single PIV SBC running kernel 2.6 and a single T100P - Asterisk 1.0 stable
- Other Production Tested Compatible Server boards
- Other Production Tested Desktop boards
- Other motherboards, not production tested
- Asterisk hardware mini-itx: Via MINI-itx boards
- Asus P4S800-MX (SiS661FX,SiS963L Chipsets)
- This was tested with Asterisk@Home 1.3. All system hardware required was detected (including onboard LAN). There was no problem using onboard video. System was used with a Digium X100P Clone FXO card.
- Intel D201GLY2A
- Intel D945GCLF
IBM NEBS compliant Blade Server for Telco applications.
- Have successfully run multiple Asterisks with HA fail over. (without dropping connected SIP calls)
- Up to 4 processors x 8 Blades (32 3GB Xeon processors)
- Up to 8 GB per Blade.
- 2 1 gigabit builtin switches.
- Redundant power supplies
- Redundant Managent Modules
Sun Netra T1 AC200
- Around $150 - $300 on eBay for maxed out configurations.
- 500 Mhz UltraSparc IIi.
- Usually 512MB - 1GB of RAM.
- Usually two 18GB hot swap SCSI drives.
- One PCI slot.
- Two 10/100 ethernet ports.
- Two serial ports, one of which is a "lights out" port and lets you remotely power on and power off the machine.
- NEBS compliant.
- Lights out management.
- Great interrupt handling.
- Surprisingly capable processing power.
- The Zaptel drivers aren't ported to Solaris (not that I care, but you might).
- The Zaptel drivers are not ported to mixed 32/64 bit userspace/kernelspace.
- So you need to either run a 32 bit kernel (and 32 bit userspace) or run a 64 bit userspace (on a 64 bit kernel).
Cable Info T1, Amp50, Punch Down etc
- See: Cable Info
GSM and other cellular networks
- Asterisk phones: Soft and hardphone configurations and recommendations
- Interface boards
- Telephony Cards
- Asterisk hardware recommendations: Recommended configurations
- Discussion of analog hardware for small home systems.
- Used terms: FXO, FXS, PSTN, POTS, CallerID, ISDN, PRI
- Voice Cards
Where to Buy
- America & Worldwide - Buy Asterisk from the experts at 8774e4voip.com - In-stock with Free Expert Support! Shop Online or Call 877.434.8647
- European & German VoiP Supplier VoIPDistri.com - your Voice over IP distributor : Asterisk, Microsoft Lync, Elastix, Askozia VoIP PBX Appliance, VoIP Interface cards, IP phone, VoIP Gateway, Channel Bank, Voice & Video over IP and more.
- Europe: MapleLeaf Technologies : pan-European B2B Distributor shipping to and servicing/supporting the following Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia Rep, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
- Belgium & Worldwide VoIPandGo.be Quick delivery by UPS. Reseller Prices Available.
- France http://www.accesip.fr : Asterisk appliance, VoIP cards, IP phone.
- UK VoIPon - Best Prices and Support on Asterisk Hardware - UK & Worldwide - Call for reseller pricing or International Shipping. VoIPon.
- UK IPChitChat - Asterisk ISDN Cards - Asterisk Analogue Cards
- Romania - www.modulo.ro - Reseller for Digum, Sangoma, beroNet and VoiSmart Telephony Interfaces and VoIP Phones for the Romanian market
- France and EU Distribution Alsacecom | VoIP Product Reseller
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+