Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Asterisk-IM - Jive Software Integration
Asterisk-IMIntegration component to Asterisk for Jive's Jabber/XMPP server
- The homepage for the plug-in component
- Asterisk-IM compatible clients
- Asterisk-IM is a server-side module so it will work with any XMPP client application to provide integrated presence support. However, the incoming call notification and call origination features require clients to implement the Asterisk-IM XMPP protocol extensions.
- Presentation on the plug-in from Astricon 2005 in Orange County, CA - USA
Installation tips & first steps
- you need to restart Wildfire before the Asterisk-IM plugin will work
- in manager.conf you'll only need the "call" and "system" privileges, all others like "verbose" etc are not necessary, i.e.:
- in the "phone mapping" section you need to enter "SIP/myname" in the field labelled "Phone"
- Asterisk-IM 1.0 and 1.1 appear not to support the Dial() action from within Spark for Asterisk 1.2 - use Asterisk 1.0 instead
- Spark doesn't show your own status changes (if you add yourself as a contact, you can see your status change); however the admin web interface will show you as "away" when you are on the phone
Go back to Asterisk call notification
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+