Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Call Center Software
Vonage Business Call-Center
AVOXI: Cloud-based Contact Center Software
Glossary of terms used on OpenPBX.org wiki pages
- Asterisk Gateway Interface, an interface to run external scripts within the Asterisk PBX' dialplan.
- Application Programming Interface
- Basic Rate ISDN
- Command Line Interface
- GNU General Public License - an open source license published by the Free Software Foundation
- an ITU recommendation of a signaling protocol suite for VoIP and video conferencing
- Inter Asterisk eXchange, a VoIP protocol initially designed for peering Asterisk servers
- Internet Protocol, short name for the TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Jingle is a VoIP extension to the XMPP/Jabber instant messaging protocol
- Lightweight Telephony Protocol - a signaling and media protocol for VoIP
- Multi-Frequency Code signaling Release 2, a channel associated signaling protocol
- Media Gateway Control Protocol - a signaling protocol for VoIP
- Network Address Translation - a scheme to route traffic between private non-routable IP addresses on a LAN and public IP address on the internet
- OpenPBX Gateway Interface, same as AGI, but renamed for use with OpenPBX.org
- Private Branch eXchange
- Portable Operating System Interface for uniX - a suite of standards for cross-platform compatibility between Unix operating systems
- Plain Old Telephone System, usually referring to analog telephone lines
- Primary Rate ISDN
- Public Switched Telephone Network
- Release Candidate
- Real-time Transport Protocol - a media protocol used in conjunction with H.323, MGCP and SIP.
- Session Initiation Protocol - a signaling protcol, used for but not limited to VoIP
- Skinny Client Control Protocol, a proprietary signaling protocol for VoIP by Cisco
- Simple Traversal of UDP through NAT - a scheme to work around difficulties when traversing NAT. STUN is defined in RFC3489.
- short name for the Subversion revision control system by CollabNet
- a fax over IP standard
- User Datagram Protocol - one of the protocols of the TCP/IP protocol suite. UDP is defined in RFC768.
- Voice over Internet Protocol - a generic term for protocols used to carry telephone calls over IP.
- Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol - an instant messaging protocol used by Jabber and Googletalk
- Zapata Telephony interface, initially for use with telephony hardware designed by the Zapata project
Back to OpenPBX.org main entry on this site | Back to OpenPBX.org FAQ | Official OpenPBX.org website
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+