Cisco's 7960 phone site
- Cisco 79xx IP Phones
- Cisco 7905/7912 IP Phones
- Cisco 8961/9951/9971 IP Phones
- Cisco ATA 18x Analog IP Adaptor
- Cisco 12SP+/30VIP
Most Cisco IP Phones come pre-loaded with Cisco's proprietary SCCP protocol, for use with the Cisco CallManager or Cisco CallManager Express software. To gain SIP capabilities, one must have a service contract with Cisco and download/install the SIP Firmware for the phone.
Cisco no longer sells service contracts directly, so you have to order the service contract from a Cisco reseller. CDW and Insight are known to sell maintenance contracts for IP Phones.
If you're just looking to obtain firmware for an IP phone, and you are not located inside the United States, then the minimum should be an $8 agreement for one year (P/N CON-SNT-CP7960), chances are you don't need a three year on-site agreement for well over $100. For customers located inside the United States, it is almost 100% likely you will have to purchase the $75, catch-all service contract. By "catch-all" I mean that it includes "firmware" updates and technical support for one year on any Cisco VOIP phone. Lately, CDW has been cancelling orders for US based customers that try to order the $8 support plan after they figure out that they are not supposed to sell it.
The Cisco part number for the < $10 International contract is CON-SNT-CP7960 for the 7960, and CON-SNT-ATA186 for the ATA-186. Note: While trying to get a service contract some have been told that the part number (for either the ATA 186 or 7960) was CON-SNT-PKG1 which runs $60-80.
It will take one of the largest technology companies on the planet several days to process your request at which point you'll get a contract number via email. After registering your contract number on their service center website the technically advanced system will tell you a person will validate your contract and grant you access to the firmware files you need within 24 hours.
If you buy new (and not from a VOIP provider) you should get at least one free support call. You may be able to convince them to provide you with one free download of the firmware without a service contract.
Even if you do not purchase a separate support contract, any new Cisco phone sold through an authorized partner will come with a basic manufacturer's warranty, entitling you to technical support, and in some cases, software downloads. You will need to be registered on the Cisco.com website; call 1-800-553-2447 with that user ID and your phones serial number and ask to open a new case for assistance downloading software. It might not work for all software/firmware, but so long as your phone's warranty is still active, you can at least get a case opened and see what the engineer can provide you with.
If you are buying these phones from someone who is already using them and has a support contract through Cisco, be aware that you will need them to add your billing address to their support contract before Cisco will even talk to you. Cisco seems to be clamping down on the used-phone market by throwing up all of these roadblocks.
Some of the Cisco IP Phones come with a large screen and are capable of interfacing with data applications through a specific Cisco XML language. Application development frameworks such as the DashPhone Application Server help programmers to easily integrate these phones as data terminal devices that interface with enterprise databases and applications.
Installing many Cisco phones in a new install or just stream lining your current install? Read cisco mass deployment
FirmwareThere is about 3.3GB of misc Cisco firmware images and other good stuff @ ftp://ftp.itl.ua/pub/cisco/
- SCCP: Skinny Client Control Protocol (usually just "Skinny")
- How to install SIP on a 7940/7960
- Sell Used or Excess Cisco IP Phones
- SIP | SIP Setup on 7940/7960
- So you blew up your 7940/7960 trying to load new firmware
- Using 79xx phones with Asterisk
- Using used 79xx phones with Covad Voip
- VOIP Phones | Asterisk configurations of VOIP phones
- Asterisk sip dtmfmode — Cisco phones should be set to: dtmf_inband: "0" , and dtmf_outofband: "avt_always" (or it won't work through IAX2 trunks)
- Inside & Outside Pictures of Cisco 7940
- DashPhone Application Server — Platform for writing data-centeric applications for IP Phones
- DashPhone CXP — Middleware to make Cisco XML applications available on Non-Cisco IP Phones, PDAs and cell phones with zero programming
- chan_sccp-b — New version of chan_sccp-b (March 3, 2010)
Where to buy
- Cisco Power Cube Universally Compatible 48V AC "Power Cubes" for Cisco IP Phones. $19.99/ea, Free Shipping, Lifetime Warranty
- telcodepot.com - Best Prices and support on Cisco IP Phones we also carry major brands in VoIP Phones. Call Telcodepot the Cisco specialiests for expert andvice 1-800-390-1200.
- 888VoipStore.com - Best Prices on Cisco VoIP. Call for reseller pricing. 888-VOIPSTORE. Worlwide Shipping
- Australia - North Sydney IT A Cisco Unified Communications partner with an online store for phones and routers.
- AAVoIP.com - Best Service! Best Salesman! Best VoIPstore!
- Cisco IP Phones - Cisco IP Phones
- Cisco Phones Large selection of Cisco IP Phones
- CiscoSpares.com is THE Source for used Cisco Networking and used Cisco IP Phone Gear
- click4pbx Reselling Cisco IP Phones at affordable prices.
- .e4 Tech The internet's premiere resource for VoIP and Asterisk related hardware- FREE ASTERISK SUPPORT FOR ALL CUSTOMERS!
- Argentina - 3tech SRL, Provisión y soporte de teléfonos Cisco. reconfiguración con protocolo SIP. Configuración con trixbox y asterisk, soporte en sitio.
- Argentina Voip Soluciones Online Store especializado en VoIP. Polycom, Cisco, Grandstream, Snom, Welltech, Audiocodes y otros.
- Argentina - Voxdata, Venta y soporte de telefonos Cisco sobre centrales Asterisk
- Belgium - VoIPandGo.be Good Service, Cheap Prices; Delivery all of Europe with UPS
- Cisco Phones and Support from Denphone K.K. Japan / Tokyo based Cisco Registered Partner and Polycom, Digium Certified Reseller.
- DORETEL Communications, Inc. Cisco Partner that provides all "Authorized" Cisco IP Phones & SMARTnet Contracts
- http://simondirect.com Cisco Approved Memory, Cisco IP Phones, Cisco Factory Original Routers, all ni stock ships same day, authentic Cisco UNEDA Member
- IT Help and Support Centre Global Supplier of Cisco SMARTnet contracts
- http://www.pbxselect.com Cisco Premier Partner - Unified Callmanager Express Specialist VoIP-INFO.org members.
- quality data products Quality providers of new and used Cisco routers switches and VOIP phones 1-800-406-DATA in Atlanta, GA United States
- Telephonyware - Reseller of Cisco IP Phones
- RouterSale.com - Lowest Priced New/Refurbished Cisco IP Phones. 1-866-409-7253.
- SmartCisco.com - Specializing in New and Refurbished Cisco IP Phones! | Seriously Discounted Prices - 50-90% Off List | Always In Stock | Free Shipping on Orders Over $500 | 305-735-2850 Call Today!
- VoIPexit Reselling Cisco IP Phones at affordable prices.
- VoIPon - Best Prices and Support on Cisco IP Phones. Call for reseller pricing or International Shipping. VoIPon.
- Voipsupply.com - Largest, "VoIP-Specific" VAR in North America - Enter Discount Code "WIKI5OFF" at checkout and receive a 5% discount valid for all
- Whole sale Cisco IP Phones: We are a cisco partner and provide Cisco phones in wholesale price. Worlwide Shipping.
- Mexico Trixbox de Mexico - Somos partners de CISCO, tenemos la solución que buscas.
- Pakistan Nethawk Pvt Ltd - All Types of Cisco IP Phones only delivered in Pakistan (Official Cisco Channel partner)
- Romania www.modulo.ro - Reseller for CISCO SMB VoIP Products and Value Added Reseller for the Romanian market
- IPChitChat for Cisco ip phones
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+