Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
DUNDi = Distributed Universal Number Discovery
From the (now defunct) DUNDi website:
DUNDi™ is a peer to peer system for locating Internet gateways to telephony services. Unlike traditional centralized services (such as the remarkably simple and concise ENUM standard), DUNDi is fully distributed with no centralized authority whatsoever.
DUNDi is not itself a Voice over IP signalling or media protocol. Instead, it publishes routes which are in turn accessed via industry standard protocols such as IAX™, SIP and H.323
DUNDi can be used within an enterprise to create a fully federated PBX with no central point of failure, and the ability to arbitrarily add new extensions, gateways and other resources to a trusted web of communication servers, where any adds, moves, changes, failures or new routes are automatically absorbed within the cloud with no additional configuration.
DUNDi is a trademark of Digium, Inc. It was created by Mark Spencer.
- An implementation of DUNDi was included in the Asterisk CVS development branch on October 18, 2004.
- DUNDi Peering Information
- DUNDi Enterprise Configuration
- DUNDi Enterprise Configuration SIP
- DUNDi Enterprise Configuration IAX
- Load balancing with DUNDi
- Create a server cluster with the help of DUNDi by Leif Madsen (2008)
- A detailed step by step asterisk load balancing using DUNDi
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+