Dial Pulse to Touchtone DTMF Converters
One possible solution (untested) is a Dial pulse to DTMF (Touchtone) converter between the rotary dial phone and the VOIP FXS port
Some possible choices:
- Oldphoneworks VOIP Pulse to Tone Converter (LPT-310) http://www.oldphoneworks.com/antique-phone-parts/parts-and-pieces/pulse-to-tone-converters/ $49.95
- Rotatone Pulse to Tone Converter http://www.rotatone.com $39.95
- Mitel Smart-1 dialer (requires programming)
- Source: http://www.dialerbuddy.com/mitel.htm Approx $36
- Sandman PULSE TO TONE CONVERTER (LPT-310)
- Source: http://www.sandman.com/digit.html Approx $45
- Panasonic KX-TA624 hybrid key system
- Factory-default configuration will convert pulse dialing on an extension to DTMF on an outgoing CO port. Unit supports 10 or 20 pps dials.
- Note: Early model KX-TA624 units tend to spontaneously reboot when ringing old-style electromechanical ringers. This seems to be related to inductive spikes rather than power consumption. The late-model KX-TA624-5 does not have this problem.
Known to work, tested:
- Dialgizmo Pulse to Tone Converter - Approx $40
- Will convert rotary pulse dialing to DTMF tone. Allows dialing of * and #, speed dial and LNR
- Works well with the lower line voltages found on some ATA FXS ports
- Source: http://www.dialgizmo.com
- Oldphoneworks LPT-310 Pulse to Tone Converter - $49.95
- Great unit. Works flawlessly on most VOIP services! Will not register double-digits like some older models.
- source: http://www.oldphoneworks.com/antique-phone-parts/parts-and-pieces/pulse-to-tone-converters/
- Rotatone Pulse to Tone Converter - $39.95
- Designed for installation within a Rotary dial telephone. Some technical expertise required for installation. Adds *, #, Speed Dial, Last Number Redial and Hotline functionality to a rotary phone. Installation services available. Swedish and New Zealand versions available. http://www.rotatone.com
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+