Business SIP Providers
|Provider||Plan Details||Monthly Rate *|
PBX SIP Trunking
8x8 IP Trunking
SIP Trunking VoIP
Business PBX Solutions
Become an ITSP Now!
What is it?FreeSWITCH™ is an open source communications platform. FreeSWITCH™ is a library which ships with a small executable that loads the library, launches the core, and performs the various tasks that are defined by the modules. In its base form FreeSWITCH™ is a soft-switch or PBX telephony application, not completely unlike Asterisk but capable of handling thousands of simultaneous calls.
FreeSWITCH™ makes it possible to build a softphone, PBX system, soft-switch, or interface with other open source PBX systems such as OpenPBX.org, Bayonne, Yate or Asterisk. It can also be used to build a VoIP switching platform uniting various technologies such as SIP (using the Nokia Sofia library), H.323, SCCP, LDAP, Zeroconf, XMPP / Jingle, etc.
As a library FreeSWITCH™ can be used by developers to enable switching in their custom applications. FreeSWITCH™ can be launched not only from a C application, but also via PHP, Perl, or a variety of other languages.
FreeSWITCH™ is written in C, built from the ground up (not a fork of another code base). It is designed to take advantage of as many existing software libraries as possible. It has a modular, extensible architecture, with few and necessary functionality in core (libfreeswitch) with optional modules to do the rest.
FreeSWITCH runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, *BSD, ARM, and other Unix flavors.
It is licensed under the MPL.
Features• Runs on Win32/Mac/Unix
• IVR API
• 8kHz/16kHz/32kHz/48kHz audio
• Soft conferencing
• SIP B2UA/SRTP/TLS
• SIP BLF/SLA/PBX features
• Google Talk
• Async audio
• Event/logger engine
• Real time
• zRTP (libzrtp)
Supported protocols• SIP (Sofia-SIP)
• Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP)
• Google Talk (dingaling)
• H.323 (OPAL) (beta)
• Skype (Skypopen) Watch 4 part video of Giovanni Maruzzelli on Skypopen.
VoIP Today News
- TransNexus Releases NexOSS 6 with Enhanced Fraud Detection Features and BroadSoft Compatibility (2 Dec 2013 | 7:22 am UTC)
- First Look: Digium TE133 and TE134 Single Span Telephony Cards (25 Nov 2013 | 6:51 am UTC)
- Asterisk 12 Opens Asterisk to a New World of Developers (10 Nov 2013 | 11:22 am UTC)
- New ECC Feature - Smartphone based ''Visual IVR''! (10 Nov 2013 | 10:15 am UTC)
- Command Asterisk using ".call" files (5 Nov 2013 | 11:21 am UTC)
- Version 2.0.6 of A2Billing has now been released (31 Oct 2013 | 6:41 am UTC)
- Imecom Announces BETA Release of FlowVox Asterisk Operator Panel (29 Oct 2013 | 7:15 am UTC)
- What are the differences between Zaptel and DAHDI ? (24 Oct 2013 | 10:11 am UTC)
- Asterisk 11.6.0 Now Available (24 Oct 2013 | 8:58 am UTC)
- asterCC IP PBX & Call Center released 1.2 (23 Jul 2013 | 5:09 am UTC)
- New Web Phone for Vxi*/Asterisk #IVVR (18 Jul 2013 | 8:27 am UTC)
- Visual Tool for building Multi-level IVR in Asterisk based contact centers (4 Jul 2013 | 5:17 am UTC)
- Asterisk 11.5.0-rc1 Now Available (23 Jun 2013 | 5:27 am UTC)
- Sangoma Vega Gateways Provide Branch Office Survivability (19 Jun 2013 | 6:25 am UTC)
- Five Reasons Why Avaya and Cisco are in Trouble with Clouds (9 Jun 2013 | 9:35 am UTC)
- Use TAPI to Make Calls from ConnectWise Through Your Asterisk PBX (3 Jun 2013 | 4:41 am UTC)
- It's Baaaaack: Skype Returns to PBX in a Flash with Asterisk 11 & FreeSwitch (28 Apr 2013 | 5:12 am UTC)
- Powerful customer care suite solution integrated with Asterisk. (10 Sep 2012 | 8:48 am UTC)
- Call Flow Editor! (14 Aug 2012 | 8:12 am UTC)
- 7 Steps to sync Google Contacts with Asterisk! (13 Aug 2012 | 7:05 am UTC)
- Switch - Itel billing is designed for the user’s convenience which allows them to be at ease while making calls through Mobile VoIP switch.
- freeswitch.net.ru - Latest News About FreeSWITCH - Communication Consolidation in English, Russian, Ukrainian
- FreeSWITCH 1.0.6 book
- VOIP Today Magazine - Keep up to date on the latest news and views about VoIP and FreeSWITCH PBX.
- SIP and User Directory in FreeSWITCH
- ITSPtec Complete mature VOIP Billing System for the major open source telephony engines namely FreeSwitch, Asterisk , Yate and OpenSIPS. Offers Carrier services, calling card, residential, and multi-tenant PBX systems. Hundreds of installations. Includes pre and post paid account management, invoicing, rate plans, special packages, payments, rates, vouchers, CDR reports, billing reports and more!. View percentage profitability on call termination per customer account, daily, weekly and monthly. See * ITSPtec
3rd Party Software
- bvtapi by babblevoice. A generic SIP TAPI bridge. Designed and primarily tested on Freeswitch. Is capable of screen popping and dialling (it uses SIP presence for screen popping). Open source. It has been tested with Act, Outlook, identapop pro and we would love to hear about other applications it has worked with.
- Power Dialler by babblevoice. A powerful auto dialler which has been open sourced. It has a felxible framework to work with multiple backends - either through basic CSV or through Python scripting to get call data. Note, it is not a pre-emptive dialler - it only makes a call when an agent is ready and free to accept it, in fact it places the callto the agent first before it then makes the outbound call. babblevoice brought you both of these projects they are a Business VOIP hosted provider, please have a look at our service for hosted PBX for either full PBX or SIP trunking in the UK.
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+