Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
HandyTone 503 Analog Telephone Adapter
HandyTone 503 is the next generation of powerful,affordable, high quality and manageable IP telephony ATA/IAD for residential users and road-warriors. Its compact size, excellent voice quality, packed feature functionality and best-in-class price performance point enable consumers to maximize the power of IP voice and data connectivity. The HandyTone 503 is based on SIP standard and interoperable with most 3rd party SIP compliant devices and software. It featires 1 FXS telephone power, 1 FXO PSTN line port, dual 10M/100Mbps network ports, port status and message waiting LED, and a base stand for vertical positioning.
Same form factor as the new HT-502. Sturdier than the older 286/386/486/488/496 ATAs. Functionality comparable to the HT-496.
Call Handling Features
- Caller ID display or block
- Call waiting caller ID
- Call waiting/flash
- Call transfer
- Call forward
- Do not disturb
- 3-way conferencing
- 1 FXS telephone port (RJ11)
- 1 FXO PSTN line port (RJ11) with lifeline support
- Two (2) 10M/100 Mbps ports (RJ45) with integrated Nat router
- TELNET protocols
- Factory Reset Button
- Web interface or via secure (AES encrypted) central configuration file for mass deployment
- Support device configuration via built-in IVR, Web browser or central configuration file
- through TFTP, HTTP or HTTPS
- Support Layer 2 (802.1Q, VLAN, 802.1p) and Layer 3 QoS (ToS, DiffServ, MPLS)
- Auto/manual provisioning system
- NAT-friendly remote software upgrade (via TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS) for deployed devices
- including behind firewall/NAT
- Syslog support
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Dynamic negotiation of codec and voice payload length
- Support for G.723, G.729/E, G.711, G.726-40/32/24/16, iLBC, T.38 codecs
- In-band and out-of-band DTMF (in audio, RFC2833, SIP INFO)
- Silence Suppression, VAD (voice activity detection), CNG (comfort noise generation),
- ANG (automatic gain control)
- Adaptive jitter buffer control
- Packet delay & loss concealment (PLC) & G.168 compliant Line Echo Cancellation
- Support volume amplification
- Support configurable Call Progress Tones
Network and Provisioning
- Manual or dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) network setup; RTP and NAT
- support traversal via STUN
Fax over IP
- T.38 compliant Group 3 Fax Relay up to 14.4kpbs and auto-switch to G.711 for Fax
- Pass-through (pending), Fax Data pump V.17, V.19, V.27ter, V.29 for T.38 fax relay
- DIGEST authentication and encryption using MD5 and MD5-sess
- 1xRJ45 10/100 Mbps Port
WAN interface 1xRJ45 10/100 Mbps Port
- FXS telephone port
- 1 x FXS (RJ11)
FXO telephone port (PSTN Port)
- 1x PSTN pass-through and life line port
- LINE (green)
Universal Switching Power Adapter
- Input: 100–240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Output: 12VDC, 0.5A, UL certified
- 25mm x 115mm x 75mm (when laying flat)
- 115mm x 25mm x 75mm (standing up)
- Approximately 0.6lbs (0.3kg)
- Operational: 32° - 104°F or 5° – 45°C
- Storage: 10°–130°F
- Humidity 10% - 90% (non-condensing)
- HT503 Main Case
- Universal Power Adapter
- Ethernet Cable
- HT503 Vertical Stand
HT-503 configuration for AsteriskConfiguring HT-503 to work with asterisk can be difficult because some things are not well described into the GrandStream HT-503 User Guide.
For example, if you leave Wait for Dial-Tone Yes in the FXO configuration, but HT-503 does not recognize the TONE supplied by your CO, you're not able to make outgoing calls through PSTN.
A configuration template (with all parameters for HT-503, both FXS and FXO ports) which is usable with asterisk is provided inside the package
gsconf_x.y.tgz, named gsconf_503.txt.
Also, you can use the same gsconf package to automatically configure a set of 502/503 ATAs and PHONEs
through TFTP or HTTP. In this way is very very easy to configure a pool of HT-503 devices used to connect PSTN lines and/or analogue FAX/phones/cordless.
Grandstream HandyTone Comparison Guide http://www.grandstream.com/documents/HandyToneATAComparisonGuide.pdf
Where to buy
- America - TheTelecomSpot.com - Buy Grandstream ATA's - Expert Advice, Low Prices and Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 - Call 1-866-369-3394
- America - Grandstream HT503 & the complete line of Grandstream Adapters in stock at VoIP Supply - Save on all VoIP Adapters - Toll Free at 1-800-398-8647
- Belgium - Worldwide VoIPandGo.be Great Service! Quick delivery by UPS. Reseller Prices Available!!
- Brazil - VOXSHOP, Full Line of Grandstream Products in Brazil and everything else for VoIP
- Italy EtherMania
- 888VoipStore.com - Best Prices and Support on Grandstream. Visit 888VoipStore.com for specials on other analog adapters
- US Voiplink.com - Grandstream Handytone HT-503 - Your one stop shop for VoIP equipment store
- US - Grandstream Handytone HT-503 at Telephony Depot: A premier retailer in the VoIP industry's online marketplace.
- US VoIPModo.com Grandstream Handytone HT-503 on Sale!
- UK & Worldwide - Novavox - Grandstream Hardware Specialists - Click Here for the Lowest HandyTone 503 Prices - Expert Technical Support from Novavox.
- UK & Worldwide VoIPon - Best Prices and Support on Grandstream Handytone 503 Call for reseller pricing or International Shipping. VoIPon.
- Venezuela FONLOGIC.NET Grandstream HT-503 in Venezuela - Reseller prices, support and free shipping of Grandstream Handytone HT503 in Venezuela
- Worldwide - Grandstream Handytone HT-503 at Telephony Depot: A premier retailer in the VoIP industry's online marketplace.
- Italy VoipMarket.it Buy the Grandstream HT-503 in Italy and the entire product range of Grandstream's Gateways
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+